7. Michigan
8. Florida
9. Oregon
10. Notre Dame

Honorable Mention:
Texas A&M, Texas, Washington

Jul 2014
midwest
About 43 days to go till the first games.

Saturday, August 24, Florida vs Miami at Orlando 7PM ET on ESPN.

Also Arizona at Hawaii.

Thursday August 29 has 16 games but no real big matchups.

Auburn vs Oregon may be the best Saturday game in AT&T (Cowboys) Stadium.

Jun 2014
United States
Yeah, Auburn vs. Oregon will be the headliner. Losing that game could be the beginning of the end for Gus Malzhan.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Night, how will Galen fit with Lincoln Riley's offensive scheme? I know he is a great athlete, but not that familiar with his play style, is he more of a drop back or scrambling type of QB?

Jul 2014
midwest
Yeah, Auburn vs. Oregon will be the headliner. Losing that game could be the beginning of the end for Gus Malzhan.
Or, it could be the beginning of a glorious year which gets him a big contract extension.

Your scenario seems more likely, though.

If they can just beat Alabama, THAT could be the deciding factor...

Jun 2014
United States
Or, it could be the beginning of a glorious year which gets him a big contract extension.

Your scenario seems more likely, though.

If they can just beat Alabama, THAT could be the deciding factor...

He's already been given a huge pay raise and contract extension, and the President of the University who signed off on that deal has since been fired.

But yeah... They could have a great year, and defeating Oregon in the opener would be a good step in that direction. Oregon should have a good team this year. That's why I have them ranked where I do.

Jun 2014
United States
Night, how will Galen fit with Lincoln Riley's offensive scheme? I know he is a great athlete, but not that familiar with his play style, is he more of a drop back or scrambling type of QB?

It's Jalen, and he's a dual threat. He'd be a star running back at any school in the nation, and he greatly improved his passing game last year while studying under Dan Enos. He's strong, fast, and careful with the football. He rarely throws an interception. He's also smart regarding Xs & Os. He's the son of a football coach, so he's been training for this job for pretty much his entire life. I suspect you'll be pleased.

Reactions: OldGaffer
Jul 2014
midwest
He's already been given a huge pay raise and contract extension, and the President of the University who signed off on that deal has since been fired.

But yeah... They could have a great year, and defeating Oregon in the opener would be a good step in that direction. Oregon should have a good team this year. That's why I have them ranked where I do.
Extensions and contracts don't mean much in football country.

And, the state of Alabama IS big time football country.

A very good, or very bad year, and millions of dollars can suddenly can materialize to influence contract negotiations.

One way or another, Gus will be fine...

Recent Similar Discussions Forum Date
Sports
Sports
Sports
Sports