8. Alabama
9. Florida
10. Penn State

Honorable Mention:
Oregon, Wisconsin, Minnesota

Reactions: BoiseBo
Jun 2014
United States
Oklahoma/Baylor is a tossup next week. How does Utah/Oregon look?

Both games are pick-ems in my opinion.

I expect Ohio State and LSU to win next week, and Clemson still doesn't play anyone in their conference championship game, so they're automatically in. Barring an upset, only the 4th seed will be controversial. If Oklahoma and Oregon both win, the Sooners will be in. If Baylor and Utah win, I think Utah will get the nod. If Oklahoma and Utah win, then it'll be a hard call, and may come down to the margin of victory in their conference championship games.

Ohio State and LSU are practically tied for 1st place, in my opinion, and Oklahoma and Utah are basically tied for 5th place.

Reactions: Havelock
Jul 2013
Nashville, TN

I expect Ohio State and LSU to win next week, and Clemson still doesn't play anyone in their conference championship game, so they're automatically in. Barring an upset, only the 4th seed will be controversial. If Oklahoma and Oregon both win, the Sooners will be in. If Baylor and Utah win, I think Utah will get the nod. If Oklahoma and Utah win, then it'll be a hard call, and may come down to the margin of victory in their conference championship games.

Ohio State and LSU are practically tied for 1st place, in my opinion, and Oklahoma and Utah are basically tied for 5th place.
Yeah, I agree.

May 2013
N Oregon Coast
Jul 2013
U.S.A.

Yep, I think that's exactly right. Barring any major upsets in the SEC, B1G, or ACC championship games -- Clemson and/or Ohio State losing would be big upsets, Georgia beating LSU would be an upset for sure -- three of the four playoff spots are set. No surprises there... So if we assume no upsets in those three championship games, then that last playoff spot will almost certainly belong to Oklahoma, Utah, or Baylor. If OU beats Baylor, I think they're in regardless. If Baylor beats OU and Utah beats Oregon, then Utah probably gets in. If Baylor beats OU and Oregon beats Utah, then Baylor probably gets in. Should be interesting.

I predict it comes down to Ohio State and Clemson in the championship game. And the winner...? It's probably Ohio State, but I wouldn't put a lot of money on it. ;)

Cheers.

Jul 2013
U.S.A.
Oh, by the way, I did watch the Iron Bowl yesterday. Condolences... Alabama was kind of snake-bit. They were a bit sloppy at times but they also had several big plays that didn't go their way. They easily could have won that game, but didn't. I guess that's just how the ball bounces, eh? So many intangibles... Moments that can swing momentum one way or another and greatly affect the ultimate outcome... It keeps the game from being boring, that's for sure.

Cheers.

• Love
Reactions: BoiseBo
May 2013
N Oregon Coast
Oh, by the way, I did watch the Iron Bowl yesterday. Condolences... Alabama was kind of snake-bit. They were a bit sloppy at times but they also had several big plays that didn't go their way. They easily could have won that game, but didn't. I guess that's just how the ball bounces, eh? So many intangibles... Moments that can swing momentum one way or another and greatly affect the ultimate outcome... It keeps the game from being boring, that's for sure.

Cheers.
Yeah that one was riveting. Do you remember several years back when the SEC games tended to be low scoring defensive battles with a slew of 3-4 yard runs straight up the middle? IMHO, those games were pretty snooze-worthy. Nice to see the ball in the air and a little trickeration from time to time. Now I'm a fan!

Jul 2014
midwest
As long as LSU takes care of business next weekend, Oklahoma should make it in.

The craziest scenario would be if Georgia beats LSU.

Then two SEC teams in is a very real possibility...

Jun 2014
United States
Yep, I think that's exactly right. Barring any major upsets in the SEC, B1G, or ACC championship games -- Clemson and/or Ohio State losing would be big upsets, Georgia beating LSU would be an upset for sure -- three of the four playoff spots are set. No surprises there... So if we assume no upsets in those three championship games, then that last playoff spot will almost certainly belong to Oklahoma, Utah, or Baylor. If OU beats Baylor, I think they're in regardless. If Baylor beats OU and Utah beats Oregon, then Utah probably gets in. If Baylor beats OU and Oregon beats Utah, then Baylor probably gets in. Should be interesting.
I agree.

I predict it comes down to Ohio State and Clemson in the championship game. And the winner...? It's probably Ohio State, but I wouldn't put a lot of money on it. ;)

Cheers.
I'd bet on LSU to win it all, were I a betting man. They've certainly endured the most talented competition during the regular season. That's why I have them at #1. I think the committee will keep Ohio State at #1 this week. In my opinion, the B1G is slightly overrated. They did have 5 pretty good teams this year, but only one great team. None of the other 4 mid-tier teams in the B1G (Penn State, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan) were on the same level as OSU. They stayed undefeated so long by playing weak competition. Aside from Iowa, which was mediocre, the other 9 teams in the conference just weren't very good this year.

Who knows about Clemson? We do know that they'll be well rested. ;)