My gift to you.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
My parrots are great “emotional support,” and my husband and I always take them with us wherever we go. There are pet friendly hotels (usually requiring non refundable deposits). We usually drive to our destinations with them in travel cages.
Are you serious? You take your parrots on car rides?

Sparta

Former Staff
Aug 2006
Connecticut
I have an emotional support dog.

What I do is I leave his narrow ass at home, locked up in a crate. Then when I'm at someone's house and I'm over it I say "whelp, love to stay and chat some more but I have to go home and let the dog out".

Nov 2006
I have an emotional support dog.

What I do is I leave his narrow ass at home, locked up in a crate. Then when I'm at someone's house and I'm over it I say "whelp, love to stay and chat some more but I have to go home and let the dog out".
My dog has an emotional support human.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
Jun 2006
Vancouver
I don’t question that the lady has crippling anxiety. That’s a thing. It’s real. It affects people’s abilitiy’s to function.

I suspect that if she or a caretaker had worked with Via Rail they could have reached a decision ahead of time. Like - a special seat, a cage, an understanding that a rabbit can’t take the train. The problem here is showing up on travel day with a fucking rabbit.

How much do you want to bet someone else on that train had a debilitating fear of, or allergy to, rabbits, and would have crucified Via if they’d let that rabbit on?

Last edited:

Sparta

Former Staff
Aug 2006
Connecticut
I don’t question that the lady has crippling anxiety. That’s a thing. It’s real. It affects people’s abilitiy’s to function.

I suspect that if she or a caretaker had worked with Via Rail they could have reached a decision ahead of time. Like - a special seat, a cage, an understanding that a rabbit can’t take the train. The problem here is showing up with acrabbit. Not mean old bullies harassing a person in distress.
There is probably an untapped market for rabbit seats designed for commuter rail.