My perception of the candidates, I was shocked

Jul 2015
Maryland USA
A friend of mine told me about a site, isidewith dot com. On it, one answers a series of questions and the site suggests, again suggests, which candidate your answers most closely align. Obviously, I more closely aligned with the Republican candidates than the Democrats. What shocked me was the candidates that I came the closest was Rick Santorum and Jeb Bush. I have paid absolutely no attention to Mr. Santorum and am on the record as not wanting another Bush in the White House-we've been there, done that. While most of the Republican candidates were not that far apart on a percentage of agreement basis, Mr. Trump and Gov. Christie were those with whom I had less in common. No surprise regarding Gov, Christie, the lower percentage reflected for Mr. Trump was a bit of a shock. No surprise regarding the Democrat candidates, their percentages were all roughly the same and not much over 20%.

While it was interesting, I'm not sure how accurate the results, because the candidates that I supported were in the middle of the pack. So is the site wrong, or do I need to rethink about my support of the candidates.

Reactions: 1 person
May 2012
By the wall
A friend of mine told me about a site, isidewith dot com. On it, one answers a series of questions and the site suggests, again suggests, which candidate your answers most closely align. Obviously, I more closely aligned with the Republican candidates than the Democrats. What shocked me was the candidates that I came the closest was Rick Santorum and Jeb Bush. I have paid absolutely no attention to Mr. Santorum and am on the record as not wanting another Bush in the White House-we've been there, done that. While most of the Republican candidates were not that far apart on a percentage of agreement basis, Mr. Trump and Gov. Christie were those with whom I had less in common. No surprise regarding Gov, Christie, the lower percentage reflected for Mr. Trump was a bit of a shock. No surprise regarding the Democrat candidates, their percentages were all roughly the same and not much over 20%.

While it was interesting, I'm not sure how accurate the results, because the candidates that I supported were in the middle of the pack. So is the site wrong, or do I need to rethink about my support of the candidates.
Are you implying that the way Bush would govern is pre-determined because of who his brother and father were?

Doesn't make sense since the two other Bush's were very opposite.

What's your reasoning for this?

Jul 2014
Border Fence
Are you implying that the way Bush would govern is pre-determined because of who his brother and father were?

You lost sight of the totality of the OP and are focus on what upsets you. the OP is not about the differences in the Bush...that is his personal opinion.

The OP's focus is if the site isidewith dot com. is an accurate indication of one's choice. How about participating in the thread other than your usual snark and negative comments.

America?s most popular voting guide for elections, political issues, candidates, and poll data

May 2012
By the wall
You lost sight of the totality of the OP and are focus on what upsets you. the OP is not about the differences in the Bush...that is his personal opinion.

The OP's focus is if the site isidewith dot com. is an accurate indication of one's choice. How about participating in the thread other than your usual snark and negative comments.

America?s most popular voting guide for elections, political issues, candidates, and poll data
If it is part of the OP than it is open for discussion in that thread.

If you do not want something discussed then don't add it in.

Duh

Jul 2014
Border Fence
For the most part I agree with the rankings...except has me supporting Trump by 63%

It did place Cruz and Jindal at the bottom of my list...that was spot on.

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
For the most part I agree with the rankings...except has me supporting Trump by 63%

It did place Cruz and Jindal at the bottom of my list...that was spot on.
I don't need a website to tell me that I'm supporting Trump 99%!!1! :dopey:

*I am reserving the 1% for when I actually do vote. But till then.. Go Trump, Go!

Last edited:
Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF

You're lost. I didn't get any of what you said out of the OP.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

Jun 2014
United States

I'd get a second opinion. Maybe you should check Cosmo and see if they have a quiz that tells you who you should vote for?

Jul 2015
Maryland USA
I'd get a second opinion. Maybe you should check Cosmo and see if they have a quiz that tells you who you should vote for?
I am in no way suggesting that one should go to any site to determine which candidate they should support. I was just curious about what the site would show, more of an entertainment exercise. That said, I was shocked by the results. Admittedly, my perception of the candidates is based mostly on sound bites and the recent supposed debate. It did not cause me to immediately support the candidates that it showed as those most aligned with my answers, but it did make me think I should examine the candidates in more detail before making a choice.

Regarding my lack of support for Mr. Bush, I am just plain tired of dealing with Bush and Clintons. It's like Yogi said--it's deja vu all over again.