Mysterious radio signals from deep space detected

Aug 2013
North Georgia
I love reading about the possibilities of life on other planets. This is cool. Hope they are smart. :)
If ETs exist I'm reasonably sure they are intelligent--could very well be the reason they haven't contacted us. If they should contact our present illustrious leader it will be many light years before they try again.

Jan 2016
Colorado
If ETs exist I'm reasonably sure they are intelligent--could very well be the reason they haven't contacted us. If they should contact our present illustrious leader it will be many light years before they try again.
If they should come, and ask us to take them to our leader, please PLEASE take them to see Angela Merkel.

Because THIS is how Donald Trump would attempt to communicate with any extraterrestrial alien: by striking an angry alpha-male chimpanzee pose:

1547180978255.png

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
I've been thinking about this thread a little bit lately as there has been some other news related to these signals from distant points in our universe.

I believe I was unable to clarify my point about why I believe the signal to be long, far, further than 1.5b light years - and that led to some misunderstandings and - for whatever reason - some contention.

Scientist have proven quite awhile ago that light does travel at a constant in a vacuum - as long as light is unimpeded, it will remain a constant. They also proved that when light interacts with glass, air, gasses, water it actually slows down - and in some materials, quite a bit. Now, imagine how much material is between us and 1.5b light years (which is outside our Milky Way galaxy).

That would mean that this signal possibly came from further away. Much, much further. Which brings another point of interest to these signals.

The end.

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
And, yes, The Martian is absolutely first-rate. It became my favorite sci-fi movie of all time.....until I saw Passengers. If you haven't seen that one yet, you should put it at the top of your must-see list! Also no silly aliens in that one!
Finally saw "Passengers", and yah that was a very good scifi movie with no silly aliens.
I still think 'The Martian' is better, but having the pretty girl makes "The Passengers" a better date movie :)