NAACP Issues Report That Links Tea Party Leaders to 'Hate Groups'

Blah

Former Staff
Jan 2007
USA
The charge of "racism" is one that the Tea Party movement would like to shake. In the past, it has dismissed the label as only representing a few of its members on the fringe. However, the issue surfaced again on Wednesday when the NAACP -- which made news in July when it asked the Tea Party to repudiate racist elements within its ranks – issued a report that details associations between Tea Party organizations and hate groups in this country.

In a conference call with journalists, NAACP President Benjamin Jealous said that while there are policy disagreements, the civil rights group has "no problem with the Tea Party expressing their views in their great debate in our great democracy." The majority of Tea Party members "are sincere," and some are also in the NAACP, he said.

"We do however have a problem when prominent Tea Party members" use Tea Party events to recruit people for white supremacist groups
, Jealous said. The NAACP is urging leadership and members of the Tea Party movement to take additional steps to distance themselves from those Tea Party leaders "who espouse racist ideas, advocate violence, or are formally affiliated with white supremacist organizations."

He said the expulsion of Mark Williams of Tea Party Express was a step in the right direction, but said that Williams had been making controversial statements long before he was ousted for writing a mocking letter suggesting that blacks preferred life under slavery.
http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/1...-that-links-tea-party-leaders-to-hate-groups/

So the NAACP has no problem with the tea party as long as they continue to self
moderate the voice of racists attracted to anti Obama protest... that's fair.

Last edited:
A

Aphotique

The NAACP is a dinosaur. It has no value. Racism doesn't exist. This is great though. They still think people care about this. The more they scream and yell the more tone deaf everyone else becomes. Didn't they get the memo after Obama was elected that we are in a post-racial society.

Sep 2007
the state of confusion
The NAACP is a dinosaur. It has no value. Racism doesn't exist. This is great though. They still think people care about this. The more they scream and yell the more tone deaf everyone else becomes. Didn't they get the memo after Obama was elected that we are in a post-racial society.
apparently not....

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
Nov 2005
Richmond Va

Aug 2009
SoCal
Why would a bunch of racists, and we all know that Teapartyers are racists that do not care at all about anything but Obama's brown skin, care what the NAACP thinks about anything?

The NAACP has far less credibility than Tawana Brawley.

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
Why would a bunch of racists, and we all know that Teapartyers are racists that do not care at all about anything but Obama's brown skin, care what the NAACP thinks about anything?

The NAACP has far less credibility than Tawana Brawley.
Really, so it is not spending or inflation or deficits or the endless wars or the bailouts or the insurance bailout or anything else, it is his skin color, huh, interesting. Hey please while I have your attention, why the disdain for the all white(say for a few) congress and senate?? Think you can answer that for me?? Come on man give it a shot.

Aug 2009
SoCal
Really, so it is not spending or inflation or deficits or the endless wars or the bailouts or the insurance bailout or anything else, it is his skin color, huh, interesting. Hey please while I have your attention, why the disdain for the all white(say for a few) congress and senate?? Think you can answer that for me?? Come on man give it a shot.
Relax, put down your musket! I was being facetious. After being accused of being a racist for the past year or so the accusation carries no weight or importance to me.

For the record, I pretty much agree with every fiscally conservative/social libertarian Teaparty stance... I haven't dug a bomb shelter in my backyard or traded all my DVDs in for silver bars or anything, but I am with you on fiscally conservative/social libertarian policy.

Of course, some of the links you post are written by space aliens from an alternate dimension, but that doesn't mean we can't go shooting in the desert together and have a few beers. Sorry, but I am a beer snob and almost exclusively drink imported beer. If the Bud is ice cold I can handle it,, but...

also, the wife and I are absolute Nazis when it comes to gun safety... beer is only allowed after we are done shooting.

Last edited: