NAACP leader's racial profiling claim challenged after bodycam footage released

Jul 2015
Florida
Head of the South Carolina NAACP claims pulled over for driving while black, accused of having drugs in car, wife and grandson treated like criminals...

Too bad for him, the good officer's body cam shows he is a lying POC, using false claims of racism

NAACP leader's racial profiling claim challenged after bodycam footage released | Fox News
And RAW STORY and others reported it! We want our liars, thieves and 'media whores' purged. You guys CIRCLE THE WAGONS and put them on FOX!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Nov 2008
Washington state
Where is Obama, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton when you need them? The Race baiters missed this one, but then on the other hand looks like Jerrod Moultrie was busted lying to the cop. President of the NAACP, makes this even more disgusting. He should lose his position

Feb 2007
In my mind
Where is Obama, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton when you need them? The Race baiters missed this one, but then on the other hand looks like Jerrod Moultrie was busted lying to the cop. President of the NAACP, makes this even more disgusting. He should lose his position
Why would they be anywhere around this?

Sep 2017
Massachusetts
Head of the South Carolina NAACP claims pulled over for driving while black, accused of having drugs in car, wife and grandson treated like criminals...

Too bad for him, the good officer's body cam shows he is a lying POC, using false claims of racism

NAACP leader's racial profiling claim challenged after bodycam footage released | Fox News
I can imagine that nobody is more pissed off about this than those who have suffered genuine racial profiling and other mistreatment by police, since every false claim makes it tougher for those who have been legitimately wronged to be believed. But the nice thing about body cams (assuming they can't be turned off or otherwise used to cherry-pick) is that they are protective in both directions -- they allow people who are wronged by police to make their case in a society where the large majority of people would otherwise just assume they were liars and side with the police officer, and they allow police who have been wrongly accused to clear their good names.

Jul 2014
Border Fence
I could not here the converstation. What was the reason the officer pulled the car over?

Why did the police officer ask for documents before explaining why he stopped the driver?

I would have found it suspicious that a police officer pulled me over without announcing why he did so before he asked for my ID>

I don't see how the body cam proves the stop was not profiling.

Reactions: 1 person

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
I can imagine that nobody is more pissed off about this than those who have suffered genuine racial profiling and other mistreatment by police, since every false claim makes it tougher for those who have been legitimately wronged to be believed. But the nice thing about body cams (assuming they can't be turned off or otherwise used to cherry-pick) is that they are protective in both directions -- they allow people who are wronged by police to make their case in a society where the large majority of people would otherwise just assume they were liars and side with the police officer, and they allow police who have been wrongly accused to clear their good names.
we don't know for sure that this wasn't racial profiling.