NAFTA countries “difficult” and “spoiled”. “Big News” coming for US autoworkers.

Jun 2006
Vancouver
https://globalnews.ca/news/4226253/trump-nafta-canada-difficult/amp/
“NAFTA is very difficult. Mexico has been very difficult to deal with. Canada has been very difficult to deal with … They have been very difficult to deal with, they have been very spoiled. What they asked for is not fair,” said Trump to reporters at the WHite House.
“But I will tell you that in the end we win,” Trump said. “Our autoworkers are going to be extremely happy.”

Its been the plan from Day 1. Threaten to tear up the agreement. Lie about how bad it is. Negotiate same (or worse, who cares?) terms. Lie about how good the new terms are. Claim it was a huge win, massive victory, that only occurred because he tore up the previous agreement.

Health care
Paris Accord (still not officially withdrawn)
NATO funding (no changes)
North Korea (no changes)
Iran
Russia (no changes)
China (no changes)
Steel tarrifs (still not applied)
NAFTA (no one cooperating)

Hes obviously going to trigger the 6 months notice of withdrawl from NAFTA. Obviously. It was obvious from the beginning. As a negotiating tactic. No one believes it anymore except the breathless media. No one believed it the first time.

“Give me what I want or I’ll blow up what I want”.

Sure.... we’ll get right on that.

Jun 2014
United States
Trump says that a lot lately: link

President Donald Trump said Thursday that he doubts high-stakes trade negotiations with China will succeed.

"Will that be successful? I tend to doubt it," the president told reporters during an appearance with NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg. "The reason I doubt it is because China has become very spoiled. The European Union has become very spoiled. Other countries have become very spoiled, because they always got 100 percent of whatever they wanted from the United States."

"But we can't allow that to happen anymore," Trump added.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Dr. Knuckles: Its been the plan from Day 1. Threaten to tear up the agreement. Lie about how bad it is. Negotiate same (or worse, who cares?) terms. Lie about how good the new terms are. Claim it was a huge win, massive victory, that only occurred because he tore up the previous agreement.

LeRoy: The rubes, yokels and yahoos fall for this trick ALL the time. Mark Twain quote in my signature applies here, with force.

Jun 2006
Vancouver
Trump says that a lot lately: link

President Donald Trump said Thursday that he doubts high-stakes trade negotiations with China will succeed.

"Will that be successful? I tend to doubt it," the president told reporters during an appearance with NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg. "The reason I doubt it is because China has become very spoiled. The European Union has become very spoiled. Other countries have become very spoiled, because they always got 100 percent of whatever they wanted from the United States."

"But we can't allow that to happen anymore," Trump added.
Well shoot. And here I was feeling special.

Turns out he says that to all the countries.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Dr. Knuckles: Its been the plan from Day 1. Threaten to tear up the agreement. Lie about how bad it is. Negotiate same (or worse, who cares?) terms. Lie about how good the new terms are. Claim it was a huge win, massive victory, that only occurred because he tore up the previous agreement.

LeRoy: The rubes, yokels and yahoos fall for this trick ALL the time. Mark Twain quote in my signature applies here, with force.
"Art of the Deal" as he calls it. Going to do the same with the NK summit now too.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
https://globalnews.ca/news/4226253/trump-nafta-canada-difficult/amp/

Its been the plan from Day 1. Threaten to tear up the agreement. Lie about how bad it is. Negotiate same (or worse, who cares?) terms. Lie about how good the new terms are. Claim it was a huge win, massive victory, that only occurred because he tore up the previous agreement.

Health care
Paris Accord (still not officially withdrawn)
NATO funding (no changes)
North Korea (no changes)
Iran
Russia (no changes)
China (no changes)
Steel tarrifs (still not applied)
NAFTA (no one cooperating)

Hes obviously going to trigger the 6 months notice of withdrawl from NAFTA. Obviously. It was obvious from the beginning. As a negotiating tactic. No one believes it anymore except the breathless media. No one believed it the first time.

“Give me what I want or I’ll blow up what I want”.

Sure.... we’ll get right on that.
So what? NAFTA harmed workers in Mexico and the U.S. For all I know, Canada as well.

Jan 2016
Colorado
So what? NAFTA harmed workers in Mexico and the U.S. For all I know, Canada as well.
It certainly is ODD that the unemployment rate in America FELL for SEVEN STRAIGHT YEARS after the ratification of NAFTA. For MOST people in America, the 1990's were a GOOD economic decade. It was why Clinton was re-elected in a LANDSLIDE in 1996. And why he left office with sky-high popularity ratings, impeachment scandal and all.