Nancy Pelosi asks Capitol Police to 'safeguard' Rep. Ilhan Omar after 'dangerous' Trump tweet.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Sunday that she was ordering U.S. Capitol Police to conduct a "security assessment" to ensure Rep. Ilhan Omar's safety after President Donald Trump posted an incendiary tweet about a remark Omar made regarding the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

"Following the President’s tweet, I spoke with the Sergeant-at-Arms to ensure that Capitol Police are conducting a security assessment to safeguard Congresswoman Omar, her family and her staff," Pelosi said in a statement. "They will continue to monitor and address the threats she faces."
Nancy Pelosi asks Capitol Police to 'safeguard' Rep. Ilhan Omar after 'dangerous' Trump tweet

The Capitol Police are being asked to access the dangers posed to a duly elected member of Congress posed by our president. Just let that sink in for a second. Also, let it sink in that the Republican's in Congress are once again allowing this president to engage in what would otherwise be yet another impeachable offense. Nothin but love for Pelosi. But, this is a moment where she needs to reconsider whether the House should commence impeachment hearings on the president. It's not about whether the Republican's will support her efforts any longer. She's saying herself that the president is engaged in behavior that threatens a member of our congress. That calls for the Congress to at least consider whether he's fit to discharge his duties as our president? If Republican's refuse to support protecting one of their own members they should forced to admit that to the American people publicly.

Jan 2019
southeast
When? Because of this past Friday she has not. “I haven’t had the opportunity to speak with [Rep. Omar] to see the nature of her comment and, as is my custom with my colleagues, I call them in before I call them out so I’ll look forward to hearing from her,” Pelosi told reporters at a press conference.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
When? Because of this past Friday she has not. “I haven’t had the opportunity to speak with [Rep. Omar] to see the nature of her comment and, as is my custom with my colleagues, I call them in before I call them out so I’ll look forward to hearing from her,” Pelosi told reporters at a press conference.
source?