Native Trackers to Hunt Osama

J

johnflesh

The unit, the Shadow Wolves, was recruited from several tribes, including the Navajo, Sioux, Lakota and Apache. It is being sent to Tajikistan and Uzbekistan to pass on ancestral sign-reading skills to local border units. In recent years, members of the Shadow Wolves have mainly tracked smugglers along the US border with Mexico.

But the Taliban's resurgence in Afghanistan and the US military's failure to hunt down Osama bin Laden - still at large on his 50th birthday on Saturday - has prompted the Pentagon to requisition them.

US Defence Secretary Robert M.Gates said last month: "If I were Osama bin Laden, I'd keep looking over my shoulder."

Native American trackers to hunt bin Laden | The World | The Australian - full story...

Hunt his ass down and bring him to the world!

D

Desidude666

The unit, the Shadow Wolves, was recruited from several tribes, including the Navajo, Sioux, Lakota and Apache. It is being sent to Tajikistan and Uzbekistan to pass on ancestral sign-reading skills to local border units. In recent years, members of the Shadow Wolves have mainly tracked smugglers along the US border with Mexico.

But the Taliban's resurgence in Afghanistan and the US military's failure to hunt down Osama bin Laden - still at large on his 50th birthday on Saturday - has prompted the Pentagon to requisition them.

US Defence Secretary Robert M.Gates said last month: "If I were Osama bin Laden, I'd keep looking over my shoulder."

Native American trackers to hunt bin Laden | The World | The Australian - full story...

Hunt his ass down and bring him to the world!
You won't find him. Suspicions of his death may be very real indeed. Considering how scattered his forces are, with no real financial resources or assets, he had been stuck in those remote mountaineous regions anyways. His men cannot even buy supplies without being tracked in Afghanistan.

I have very strong convictions that our friend is either dead or has been shipped away from the region altogether.

D

Dr.Knuckles

I find this interesting. Canada is also using native 'deputy military' units in the Arcitc to moniter the Northern border. the idea being the same: use their Native tracking and survival skills which regular honkey/negroid/asiatic/latino soldiers don't have.

Am I the only one who thinks this would be a great idea IF AND ONLY IF THE NATIVES WERE TRANSPORTED THROUGH TIME FROM 1700.

The Natives I know play Playstation and work at banks. One makes jam for tourists - just enough to stay high all day. They don't have some mystical race memory that allows them to channel their great-grandfathers... who actually did know how to hunt and thrive in the wilderness.

My ancestors also lived off the land, hunted for survival, built stonehenge and perfected long distance ocean voyaging. I wouldn't trust ME to do those things. I don't know how to be a musteketeer because my grandpa was part French.

Just me.... ?

J

johnflesh

Osama isn't dead or you'd have seen the martyr parade in every media outlet.

When he dies, caught or not, it will be huge to his followers and they won't keep quiet about their martyr.

D

Dr.Knuckles

I guess they've chosen people who do this sort ofthing all the time.. not just random native people. Still... a New York jew could be trained to do the same job, no?

I

InspectorMorse

I find this interesting. Canada is also using native 'deputy military' units in the Arcitc to moniter the Northern border. the idea being the same: use their Native tracking and survival skills which regular honkey/negroid/asiatic/latino soldiers don't have.

Am I the only one who thinks this would be a great idea IF AND ONLY IF THE NATIVES WERE TRANSPORTED THROUGH TIME FROM 1700.

The Natives I know play Playstation and work at banks. One makes jam for tourists - just enough to stay high all day. They don't have some mystical race memory that allows them to channel their great-grandfathers... who actually did know how to hunt and thrive in the wilderness.

My ancestors also lived off the land, hunted for survival, built stonehenge and perfected long distance ocean voyaging. I wouldn't trust ME to do those things. I don't know how to be a musteketeer because my grandpa was part French.

Just me.... ?
I think some native peoples have been very careful in preserving some of their traditions, even if most of the tribe just live like normal people.

L

Just me.... ?

Dumbass, the Canadians never built Stonehenge, eh.

I think it's a good thing. Those people are used to the land and environment, and contrary to popular belief, there are still some natives who live close to nature. If you want to know what is going on up close in a given area, you want the people who have evolved in that area for thousands of years, filling an ecological niche completely independant of anything outside of their lands.