Navy SEAL Edward Gallagher found not guilty on murder and attempted murder charges

Jan 2019
southeast
This is a wonderful outcome for a man that deserves to celebrate on Thursday!

Navy SEAL Edward Gallagher found not guilty on murder and attempted murder charges
By Vandana Rambaran | Fox News

Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher found not guilty on charges of murder, attempted murder
Jury finds Eddie Gallagher guilty of posing with body of dead ISIS fighter.

A jury found decorated Navy SEAL Edward "Eddie" Gallagher not guilty Tuesday on almost all charges he was facing, including murder and attempted murder, in the killing of a teenage Islamic State member in Iraq.

Gallagher was accused of stabbing to death a 15-year-old ISIS fighter in 2017 and posing with the corpse for photos.Navy SEAL Edward Gallagher found not guilty on murder and attempted murder charges

Jul 2011
“Stay Down”
I was about to post this. This is great news and a lot of lefties here owe this american hero an apology,

Nov 2018
Maryland
Great news! I wish him well and while the lefties continue to root against loyal and patriotic Americans, we must always be ready to support our good men and women in their service of our country.

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
Lucky for him one of his buddies who had immunity stepped forward to take the fall. SEALs stick together.

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
Not according to Gallagher. And that is somethig new with the Navy Seals. He got screwed by a few snowflakes.
Ultimately it's not a very big issue—certainly not national news worthy regardless of the verdict—but I'm not going to pretend that the fix wasn't in on this one. You are free to believe whatever you want.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Ultimately it's not a very big issue—certainly not national news worthy regardless of the verdict—but I'm not going to pretend that the fix wasn't in on this one. You are free to believe whatever you want.
Read the evidence against him. It is interesting.

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
The circumstantial evidence against Gallagher is pretty damning, but apparently the star witness completely fell apart on the stand, making several false statements and just behaving in a cagey member. A reporter observed "I filled an entire page with DNR claims" referring to things the witness said he didn't remember.

The government had other witnesses, but this was the only one who claimed to SEE Gallagher commit the killing; the others just heard him declare "he's mine" over the radio etc. before the victim died. On top of that, they had no body, no murder weapon and no evidence of when and where exactly the death happened.

Gallagher is probably guilty of wrongdoing, and was convicted of violating the UCMJ by posing with the corpse, but like everyone else, he enjoys absolute presumption of innocence pending proof of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Case closed, and I am tremendously relieved that it ended this way instead of a pardon.