Navy secretary strongly considering resigning over Trump's meddling in SEAL case

May 2019
West Haven
When I said Civilian Leadership I meant in the context that the commander in chief was elected and represents the people. In other words, he or she is not a military authority.

There has been a shift in the democratic party as of late toward fascism - where they believe our military leadership should be obeyed no questions asked. I would be more worried about it, but it's likely just a side effect of TDS.
My point was that the Navy Secretary is not The Navy because he is a civilian.
But anybody who actually posts about TDS as if it is a real thing isn't worth the effort. Bye

Apr 2012
Kerry holds himself more responsible than the Navy holds him. That's very different than the Navy holding this man culpable, the man and Trump saying he isn't. BIG DIFFERENCE.
Kerry has never been responsible for what he did. He just spews more lie like his pretending to throw away his fake medals

Nov 2014
North Carolina
My point was that the Navy Secretary is not The Navy because he is a civilian.
But anybody who actually posts about TDS as if it is a real thing isn't worth the effort. Bye
Oh TDS is a real thing. That I can promise you. The only reason so many Democrats are suddenly aligning themselves behind the military is because they find themselves at odds with Trump. For example: if it was Obama withdrawing troops from Syria (even if it was against the wishes of the military) I can promise you the same ones who attacked Trump for doing it would be praising Obama for doing it. That's called TDS.

Also: it was you who brought up specifically the Secretary of the Navy. So you can consider him part of the Navy or not. At this point you are mostly just arguing with yourself. My point was the ultimate leadership decisions should be made by an elected official who is accountable to the people. That's what civilian leadership means, that we the people control our own military. Decisions should not be left up to our military to do as they wish.