Navy secretary strongly considering resigning over Trump's meddling in SEAL case

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA

He was limp and dusty from an explosion, conscious but barely. A far cry from the fierce, masked Islamic State fighters who once seized vast swaths of Iraq and Syria, the captive was a scraggly teenager in a tank top with limbs so thin that his watch slid easily off his wrist.

Chief Petty Officer Edward Gallagher and other Navy SEALs gave the young captive medical aid that day in Iraq in 2017, sedating him and cutting an airway in his throat to help him breathe. Then, without warning, according to colleagues, Chief Gallagher pulled a small hunting knife from a sheath and stabbed the sedated captive in the neck.

The same Chief Gallagher who later posed for a photograph holding the dead captive up by the hair has now been celebrated on the campaign trail by President Trump, who upended the military code of justice to protect him from the punishment resulting from the episode. Prodded by Fox News, Mr. Trump has made Chief Gallagher a cause célèbre, trumpeting him as an argument for his re-election.

The violent encounter in a faraway land opened a two-year affair that would pit a Pentagon hierarchy wedded to longstanding rules of combat and discipline against a commander in chief with no experience in uniform but a finely honed sense of grievance against authority. The highest ranks in the Navy insisted Chief Gallagher be held accountable. Mr. Trump overruled the chain of command and the secretary of the Navy was fired.

Sep 2016
My own world
So did he raze villages and shoot at civillians burning their homes to the ground?

Yes or no?

you cant get mad at eddie for taking a selfie with a dead savage, if your not upset about john kerry firing on women and children
My moral outrage involving Vietnam died with Nixon. You can't make Kerry or Eddie equal as they simply aren't. One man has character and knows he did wrong, the other doesn't. Would I support Kerry today knowing all that he did back in Vietnam and how he has handled it since? Yes, in a heart beat. I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my dog with Eddie never mind supporting him. That will not change when Trump kicks it.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
My moral outrage involving Vietnam died with Nixon. You can't make Kerry or Eddie equal as they simply aren't. One man has character and knows he did wrong, the other doesn't. Would I support Kerry today knowing all that he did back in Vietnam and how he has handled it since? Yes, in a heart beat. I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my dog with Eddie never mind supporting him. That will not change when Trump kicks it.

You get no respect over hear with that shit.

Eddie took a selfie with a dead terrorist.

John Kerry admitted to burning villages and free firing on women and children....

so Who committed a war crime here?

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
You get no respect over hear with that shit.

Eddie took a selfie with a dead terrorist.

John Kerry admitted to burning villages and free firing on women and children....

so Who committed a war crime here?
I love how you keep ignoring that Eddie did far more than a selfie with a dead teenage boy and that he fellow Seals where so concerned about his mental state of mind, they were trying any way they could to keep his guns from working. Trump has no idea what he doing when it comes to foreign policy or any branch of US Military.

Reactions: Hollywood
Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
They are irrelevant. What part of that do you not understand. This is just more of your standard trolling with useless questions
Bullshit. They are quite relevant to the discussion.
“Just following orders” Isn't a justification for war crimes for a swift boat OIC

That literally makes him liable for war crimes, not only that he committed and admitted but ordered.

Shove your personal attacks and lies troll.

People in your trible can literally raze villages and burn them to the ground and youd vote for them anyway. ;)
Gallagher and the other men Trump pardoned WERE charged with violations of the UCMJ, Kerry WASN'T. :cool: