NC mayor praises 10-year-old who took knee during pledge of allegiance at city council meeting

Dec 2018
Florida
Actually I had always thought that kneeling was more respectful than standing. I had presumed that thinking that standing was more respectful than kneeling was an American culture thing.

You kneel to get knighted.
You kneel to propose.
Captive people are made to kneel before their conquerors.

Is the kneeling thing disrespectful cause it is saying that the "kneeler" is still a captive?
Yes. Kneeling is a stereotypical sign of submission. We don’t submit to the government. The government is suppose to submit to the will of the people. I know that sounds odd, but that seems like the justification to me to stand. Just my opinion anyway.

Dec 2018
Florida
never understood it myself. There's really nothing to be offended about. They're protesting police brutality against African American's. For some people that's a bridge too far.
The problem I think? Whose incident gets protested? Why? People get mad when the cops don’t negotiate with people. That isn’t their job. Their job is to enforce the law and make arrests. The time to protest that is in court. Resisting is just stupid. Especially with body cams. But it doesn’t matter. People STILL defend some jackass violently resisting arrest.

“Stop your hurting me.”

“Oh. Well let me just let you go after you just took us on a 10 minute foot pursuit and tried to bite the officer.”

And don’t get me wrong. I’m sure there are racial issues. I’m not doubting that. But I don’t think every incident of “racism” is actual racism. I think it is someone using every excuse they can to not be held to account for their stupidity.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
Kneeling is traditionally a sign of submission. Do you disagree? Is there something you don't understand about the statement?
I asked you a question.
The question was NOT an invitation for you to contine babbling about signs of submission.
Why on earth would you expect me to answer your question(s) while you ignore mine?
Completely illogical.

Apr 2018
oregon
I asked you a question.
I don't give a fuck if you ask 1000 questions, son.
The question was NOT an invitation for you to contine babbling about signs of submission.
I don't give a fuck if you invite me to your preschool graduation ceremony, much less an invitation to "contine" anything.
Why on earth would you expect me to answer your question(s) while you ignore mine?
The only thing I expect from you are dumb responses, and you seldom disappoint.
Completely illogical.
Yes, you are.

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
The kid did better than the young boy scout who stuck a flyer on a fire chief's door in Pennsylvania and was trailed to the neighbour's house where he was ordered to the floor at gunpoint for his temerity.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
I don't give a fuck if you ask 1000 questions, son.

I don't give a fuck if you invite me to your preschool graduation ceremony, much less an invitation to "contine" anything.

The only thing I expect from you are dumb responses, and you seldom disappoint.

Yes, you are.
Well hell kid, feel free to ignore my each and every post if that's the way you feel. *shrug*

Apr 2018
oregon
I don't know what kind of BMSD thing that you're into, but kneeling doesn't always apply to your kink.
You must be into some kinky BMSD, because you brought it up. I have no idea what BMSD even is, tbh.
You've already demonstrated that you know nothing of it, but thanks for playing!
Do you ever get tired of everyone thinking you're an idiot?

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
The problem I think? Whose incident gets protested? Why? People get mad when the cops don’t negotiate with people. That isn’t their job. Their job is to enforce the law and make arrests. The time to protest that is in court. Resisting is just stupid. Especially with body cams. But it doesn’t matter. People STILL defend some jackass violently resisting arrest.

“Stop your hurting me.”

“Oh. Well let me just let you go after you just took us on a 10 minute foot pursuit and tried to bite the officer.”

And don’t get me wrong. I’m sure there are racial issues. I’m not doubting that. But I don’t think every incident of “racism” is actual racism. I think it is someone using every excuse they can to not be held to account for their stupidity.
exhibit "A"