NC mayor praises 10-year-old who took knee during pledge of allegiance at city council meeting

Dec 2018
Florida
where did I say "people like you"? Where did I say there there were never any claims of racism and/or police brutality that ended up being proven wrong? We can play this game all night where I match up every false claim to a claim that's been proven true. Like Walter Scott for instance. The facts and statistics don't lie.
You can play coy, but I’m not one for fish. You made the snarky comment. And we could play that game all day and night. I’d be happy to do that. But I seriously doubt that you will ever acknowledge my INITIAL point where you tried to claim the “bridge too far exhibit a”Bs.

And what is it?

People like me? Black? White? Whatever. The more conservative of us? The ones tired of seeing scumbags get away with stupid shit? And using every excuse in the book? It gets old having the incident in question totally ignored. Being immediately dismissed as racist because we dare stick up for someone other than the one with dark complexion. To have people pretend it isn’t possible to go a “bridge too far.” That it doesn’t actually matter that the black guy was guilty. What he did.

Now. I’ve been a bit rambly on this one, but your snarky little comment pissed me off. I hate corrupt cops. They are vile as vile can be. And I hold no sympathy for them. But it is for the same reason this topic pisses me off so much. Because people dont want to be held to account for their crimes. Their bullshit that THEY got themselves in to. And so it doesn’t matter what actually happened. They lie. They run. They endanger others. And then others have the audacity to defend their petty bullshit behavior.

So. In the interest of putting out the “olive branch.” Let me put out my real position on this whole mess. Kneeling is a total fucking waste of time and a totally useless gesture. Why? Because trying to tell the police how they need to change? It doesn’t address the root causes of the problem. You want police to change? To respect blacks? Maybe we need more black cops? Maybe we need to see communties looking to reduce the interaction officers with black people? And not via “not policing,” but actual need.

But I fail to see how kneeling at the flag is going to do shit.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
You can play coy, but I’m not one for fish. You made the snarky comment. And we could play that game all day and night. I’d be happy to do that. But I seriously doubt that you will ever acknowledge my INITIAL point where you tried to claim the “bridge too far exhibit a”Bs.

And what is it?

People like me? Black? White? Whatever. The more conservative of us? The ones tired of seeing scumbags get away with stupid shit? And using every excuse in the book? It gets old having the incident in question totally ignored. Being immediately dismissed as racist because we dare stick up for someone other than the one with dark complexion. To have people pretend it isn’t possible to go a “bridge too far.” That it doesn’t actually matter that the black guy was guilty. What he did.

Now. I’ve been a bit rambly on this one, but your snarky little comment pissed me off. I hate corrupt cops. They are vile as vile can be. And I hold no sympathy for them. But it is for the same reason this topic pisses me off so much. Because people dont want to be held to account for their crimes. Their bullshit that THEY got themselves in to. And so it doesn’t matter what actually happened. They lie. They run. They endanger others. And then others have the audacity to defend their petty bullshit behavior.

So. In the interest of putting out the “olive branch.” Let me put out my real position on this whole mess. Kneeling is a total fucking waste of time and a totally useless gesture. Why? Because trying to tell the police how they need to change? It doesn’t address the root causes of the problem. You want police to change? To respect blacks? Maybe we need more black cops? Maybe we need to see communties looking to reduce the interaction officers with black people? And not via “not policing,” but actual need.

But I fail to see how kneeling at the flag is going to do shit.
well, for the record, I simply answered a question about why people were protesting. For some reason you decide to give your two cents about false accusations of racism. To which I responded in kind. Like it or not, your response most certainly did illustrate my point about the protests being a "bridge too far". All you've done since is continue to illustrate that point with this incessant whining about false accusations of racism. As well as your continued objections to the form the protests are taking. For some strange reason you seem to be under the misguided impression that kneeling is the only thing that being done to resolve the issue of criminal justice reform.

Last edited:
Dec 2018
Florida
well, for the record, I simply answered a question about why people were protesting. For some reason you decide to give your two cents about false accusations of racism. To which I responded in kind. Like it or not, your response most certainly did illustrate my point about the protests being a "bridge too far". All you've done since is continue to illustrate that point with this incessant whining about false accusations of racism. As well as your continued objections to the form the protests are taking. For some strange reason you seem to be under the misguided impression that kneeling is the only thing that being done to resolve the issue of criminal justice reform.
The biggest thing being done on criminal justice reform is body cams.

As for the protests? Blocking traffic? Smashing cars? Endangering others? Yea. That is a bridge too far. But I’m sure you will make excuses for that about how I am a racist for despising people who do shit like that.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
The biggest thing being done on criminal justice reform is body cams.

As for the protests? Blocking traffic? Smashing cars? Endangering others? Yea. That is a bridge too far. But I’m sure you will make excuses for that about how I am a racist for despising people who do shit like that.
what's racist about that? You really should get to know people around here before you go making assumptions. I've always supported peaceful protests.

Dec 2018
Florida
what's racist about that? You really should get to know people around here before you go making assumptions. I've always supported peaceful protest.
Nothing. was or is racist about that. But that doesn’t stop the radicals on the left from tossing those accusations out anyway. And then pretending that someone can’t be pissed off for that.

I was on this forum for about 5 posts and people were tossing around accusations of racism. And it happens all the time. Insinuations and flatly thrown.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Nothing. was or is racist about that. But that doesn’t stop the radicals on the left from tossing those accusations out anyway. And then pretending that someone can’t be pissed off for that.

I was on this forum for about 5 posts and people were tossing around accusations of racism. And it happens all the time. Insinuations and flatly thrown.
you just made the same type of accusation yourself.

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Good for the boy and the Mayor in honoring him for that! He is certainly entitled to express himself in whatever manner he is led. I have never seen it as wrong to take a knee during the Pledge of Allegiance. It surely appears to be more respectful than merely standing up and holding one's hand to their heart. If however that is their preference then so be it. But taking a knee is for no one to criticize as in this country people should have the freedom to express their heartfelt feelings led by conscience in the most respectful manner.