NCAA 2019 Tournament Thread

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
I'll be rooting for Texas Tech. It's as close as we have to an underdog story though a #3 seed isn't really that huge of an upset. But, I'll admit that my first loyalty to this game is financially related. :D

Jan 2016
Colorado
I'll be rooting for Texas Tech. It's as close as we have to an underdog story though a #3 seed isn't really that huge of an upset. But, I'll admit that my first loyalty to this game is financially related. :D
I'll be rooting for Texas Tech, too, mostly because I'm tired of ACC teams winning it so often. And eastern teams in general. And just because you gotta like a team named 'the Red Raiders'. As opposed to 'the Cavaliers'. What a yucky team nickname. When it comes to team nicknames, doesn't get much better than 'the Hawkeyes'!!

:cool::cool:

Jan 2016
Colorado
It was not to be for Texas Tech, they fell in overtime to Virginia. Dang! I think, though I don't know for sure, that this NCAA tournament had more OT games than any other NCAA tournament. Certainly seems like it, anyway.

One thing I did learn tonight right before the game that I didn't know beforehand: this was the first time since 1979 that the title game had two teams participating that had never been to the championship game before. That kind of startled me. Because that 1979 game was itself one of the most memorable championship games of all time: it featured Michigan State with Magic Johnson winning over a very game and previously unbeaten team from little Indiana State that featured Larry Bird. Both would go on to fabulous careers in the NBA and would meet again in NBA championship series.....

Jan 2016
Colorado
It was not to be for Texas Tech, they fell in overtime to Virginia. Dang! I think, though I don't know for sure, that this NCAA tournament had more OT games than any other NCAA tournament. Certainly seems like it, anyway.

One thing I did learn tonight right before the game that I didn't know beforehand: this was the first time since 1979 that the title game had two teams participating that had never been to the championship game before. That kind of startled me. Because that 1979 game was itself one of the most memorable championship games of all time: it featured Michigan State with Magic Johnson winning over a very game and previously unbeaten team from little Indiana State that featured Larry Bird. Both would go on to fabulous careers in the NBA and would meet again in NBA championship series.....
And NOW......on to the NFL Draft!!

:cool::zany::nerd: