Nearly 20% of teens report change in sexual orientation

Dec 2015
SoCal
Did Purdue Pharma know of its drug's deleterious and addictive effects then lie about the fact while passing it out?

If so, that is immoral, at least in my book, and Purdue will pay.

Feb 2011
The formerly great golden state
Did Purdue Pharma know of its drug's deleterious and addictive effects then lie about the fact while passing it out?

If so, that is immoral, at least in my book, and Purdue will pay.
You seem to think that immoral people pay for their immorality. I'm not so sure that's always the case. Those tobacco industry moguls still got their fancy paychecks and golden parachutes, for example. Sometimes, immoral people are elected to high office and held in high esteem by the very people that claim to be upstanding and moral.

Oct 2019
International Falls, Minnesota
That will not happen and is not part of the progressive platform, which concerns consenting adult humans only. Your post is disingenuous at best.
It's already happened. Whoopi Goldberg excused Roman Polanski. I think it will be like the sanctuary cities policy of not being part of the platform, but like segregation was, a wink and a nod.

Oct 2019
Earth
Most of those rules can be distilled down to "Don't act like a jerk."
Except the "don't be a jerk" has extended to pushing people to violate their religious beliefs, or a recent case I heard where places that do bikini waxes got sued because the aestheticians refused to wax her balls.

The premise is fair, but the push has gone beyond simply being respectful. I've even seen articles where trans people object because people they date lose interest on finding out they are trans.

No one is forcing you to be gay. We're just saying you can't discriminate against those who are.
You're right, nobody is compelled to be gay, but when exposing children to LGBT issues when that's not even a thought that would cross their minds; I do believe there is a point that should be considered abusive. We can explain things contextually as needed without having to delve into the entire spectrum of sexual preferences/ genders to children whose grasp of sexuality is that the girls aren't interested in the same toys as the boys

You seem to think that immoral people pay for their immorality. I'm not so sure that's always the case. Those tobacco industry moguls still got their fancy paychecks and golden parachutes, for example. Sometimes, immoral people are elected to high office and held in high esteem by the very people that claim to be upstanding and moral.
Generally, on the long term, corrupt people and institutions get exposed. Something of a, forgive the analogy, cancerous arrangement that was made where on one hand governments allow this toxic product and tax for the effects to where they grow reliant and the companies are forgiven for the harm caused.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
You're right, nobody is compelled to be gay, but when exposing children to LGBT issues when that's not even a thought that would cross their minds; I do believe there is a point that should be considered abusive. We can explain things contextually as needed without having to delve into the entire spectrum of sexual preferences/ genders to children whose grasp of sexuality is that the girls aren't interested in the same toys as the boys
It probably wouldn't occur to them to shoot anyone unless they access to a gun or rape anyone unless they saw it on television or twerk unless they saw it on MTV or eat Tide Pods unless they saw it on Youtube or drink unless there was a can of beer in their homes.

So there are far worse things kids can be exposed to than information about being gay or transgender.