Netanyahu Government Dissolves

Jan 2016
Colorado
It would not make a difference. Israel's situation, and Israeli politics, are more complex than that. No one Israeli MK can make or break peace there.
I think the truth is somewhere in between your position and that of Mister B. He is probably too optimistic about the chances for peace breaking out just because Netanyahu was pushed out of the way. Yet I certainly do think Mr. Netanyahu has been an obstructionist in the peace process. I have seen little sign of genuine interest in peace from him. I support the state of Israel. I do not support Benjamin Netanyahu.

Oct 2018
WonderfulOregon
Netanyahu.....I sometimes spell his name Netanyahoo…..is a crook. No wonder he and Donald Trump are such good friends.
While Netanyahu’s right-wing coalition had been on the brink of collapse since his defense minister quit last month, it was a dispute over legislation aimed at drafting ultra-Orthodox Jews into the military that ultimately brought down the government.

Israel’s Military Exemption for Ultra-Orthodox Is Ruled Unconstitutional
Sept 2017
The court decision was reached by eight members of a nine-judge panel sitting as the High Court of Justice, with one member dissenting. It presents a new challenge for the government of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, already beleaguered by corruption investigations and reliant on the support of his ultra-Orthodox coalition partners.

“Those same Torah sons who chose to dedicate their lives to Torah study will continue to study Torah here in the land of Israel, the holy land,” said Aryeh Deri, the interior minister and the leader of the ultra-Orthodox Shas Party, in remarks after the ruling. “No force in the world will stop them,”

Those who support wholesale deferment and exemption for Torah students in seminaries argue that Israel needs spiritual preservation as much as physical protection. Critics protest that the fast-growing ultra-Orthodox minority, known in Hebrew as Haredim, or those in awe of God, are not contributing enough to the country’s economy or security, leaving others to bear an unfair burden.

New bribery charges against Netanyahu

Israeli police advise new bribery charges against Netanyahu

=================

What would the right wing do if they stopped coveting money?

We have our own problems, but this is the first I heard right winger Netanyahoo seems to be following our President example (innocent until..you know)

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
While Netanyahu’s right-wing coalition had been on the brink of collapse since his defense minister quit last month, it was a dispute over legislation aimed at drafting ultra-Orthodox Jews into the military that ultimately brought down the government.

Sept 2017
The court decision was reached by eight members of a nine-judge panel sitting as the High Court of Justice, with one member dissenting. It presents a new challenge for the government of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, already beleaguered by corruption investigations and reliant on the support of his ultra-Orthodox coalition partners.

“Those same Torah sons who chose to dedicate their lives to Torah study will continue to study Torah here in the land of Israel, the holy land,” said Aryeh Deri, the interior minister and the leader of the ultra-Orthodox Shas Party, in remarks after the ruling. “No force in the world will stop them,”

Those who support wholesale deferment and exemption for Torah students in seminaries argue that Israel needs spiritual preservation as much as physical protection. Critics protest that the fast-growing ultra-Orthodox minority, known in Hebrew as Haredim, or those in awe of God, are not contributing enough to the country’s economy or security, leaving others to bear an unfair burden.

New bribery charges against Netanyahu

Israeli police advise new bribery charges against Netanyahu

=================,,

What would the right wing do if they stopped coveting money?

We have our own problems, but this is the first I heard right winger Netanyahoo seems to be following our President example (innocent until..you know)
Netanyahu’s wife has been accused, too!

Israeli Police Recommend Indicting Netanyahu In 3rd Corruption Allegations This Year

ARMCX1

Former Staff
Jun 2013
SoCal
Getting rid of Bibi would create a good chance at peace in the middle east.
Those early polls for the April snap election have Netanyahu with a comfortable lead suggesting an easy victory. I suppose inquiries into allegations into Netanyahu's corruption could alter things but allegations have followed his entire career. Likud and the religious parties have a stranglehold on the political process. This insures maximum security but not peace.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
I think the truth is somewhere in between your position and that of Mister B. He is probably too optimistic about the chances for peace breaking out just because Netanyahu was pushed out of the way. Yet I certainly do think Mr. Netanyahu has been an obstructionist in the peace process. I have seen little sign of genuine interest in peace from him. I support the state of Israel. I do not support Benjamin Netanyahu.
I understand your position, but Netanyahu is not a power unto himself. Rather, it is derived from others of similar opinions. In his absence, someone else will just fill the space if Likud wins, and little will change. If Likud loses, then it would not have a made a difference.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
I do wish we had a similar system where we could get rid of a leader most have no confidence in.
Well, a "no confidence" vote would be the legislature's vote, not the public's. And I can certainly see the utility in doing so. I tend, however, to prefer the Constitution we have, as allowing for such a thing would require a complete restructuring of the government.

Jan 2016
Colorado
I understand your position, but Netanyahu is not a power unto himself. Rather, it is derived from others of similar opinions. In his absence, someone else will just fill the space if Likud wins, and little will change. If Likud loses, then it would not have a made a difference.
Perhaps you can enlighten me on the intricacies of Israeli party politics, but if the Likud loses, does that not mean there would be a party in power that would pursue peace with perhaps a bit more determination?