Never forget those who died, Never forget those who killed them.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Those who killed them are themselves dead (except Moussaoui, who is in a Federal Supermax).

Reactions: The Man
May 2019
A Van Down by the River...
I was surprised there weren't a slough of 9/11 threads. (Maybe I missed 'em...?)

That was a terrible terrible day, but the UNITY following was really therapeutic for healing.
I miss that American spirit of community and compassion.

Thanks DarlingDoodlebop for the sentiment.

May 2016
california
The 911 attackers may be dead but we seem to have been bombing their co-conspirators for some twenty years now. Maybe it's simply unleavened bread that doomed the innocents in the twin towers.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
Just got back from a 911 remembrance at my boy's school. Was fun to see them all proud of their Dad in uniform. The service was very nice. The kids did great.

I remember when it was happening, I was dressing up for work. watched the second plane hit on TV. Called in sick and watched it all day. Next day at work, I remember so many folks had red swollen eyes. It was tough. Then I went to my recruiter and signed up again. I was previously enlisted, active duty, but this time went in the Navy Reserve.

Read President Trump's 9/11 Memorial Remarks

President Trump's remarks were very nice.

Jul 2014
midwest
Just got back from a 911 remembrance at my boy's school. Was fun to see them all proud of their Dad in uniform. The service was very nice. The kids did great.

I remember when it was happening, I was dressing up for work. watched the second plane hit on TV. Called in sick and watched it all day. Next day at work, I remember so many folks had red swollen eyes. It was tough. Then I went to my recruiter and signed up again. I was previously enlisted, active duty, but this time went in the Navy Reserve.

Read President Trump's 9/11 Memorial Remarks

President Trump's remarks were very nice.
I think most of us remember where we were and what we were doing as we got the news that SOME PEOPLE DID SOMETHING.

Like the JFK assassination, or even the attack on Pearl Harbor.

All those dates live in infamy.

Reactions: Chief

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
Just returned from a 9/11 ceremony in a nearby community. A very cool message about how the same people who came together in response to that tragedy treat each other like enemies today. The minister then asked how many more people need to die for us to come together again?