New documents show Monsanto manipulated scientific data

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Four months after the publication of a batch of internal Monsanto Co. documents stirred international controversy, a new trove of company records was released early Tuesday, providing fresh fuel for a heated global debate over whether or not the agricultural chemical giant suppressed information about the potential dangers of its Roundup herbicide and relied on U.S. regulators for help.

More than 75 documents, including intriguing text messages and discussions about payments to scientists, were posted for public viewing early Tuesday morning by attorneys who are suing Monsanto on behalf of people alleging Roundup caused them or their family members to become ill with non-Hodgkin lymphoma, a type of blood cancer.

These documents show that Monsanto has deliberately been stopping studies that look bad for them, ghostwriting literature and engaging in a whole host of corporate malfeasance. They [Monsanto] have been telling everybody that these products are safe because regulators have said they are safe, but it turns out that Monsanto has been in bed with U.S. regulators while misleading European regulators." They show Monsanto executives colluding with corrupted EPA officials to manipulate and bury scientific data to kill studies when preliminary data threatened Monsanto's commercial ambitions, bribing scientists and ghostwriting their publications, and purchasing peer review to conceal information about Roundup's carcinogenicity, its toxicity, its rapid absorption by the human body, and its horrendous risks to public health and the environment." "We can now prove that all Monsanto's claims about glyphosate's safety were myths concocted by amoral propaganda and lobbying teams."

https://www.ecowatch.com/monsanto-papers-2467891575.html

May 2006
Isn't that sweet?

It sounds really terrible, but unfortunately I always vote Republican so I'm required to side with Monsanto, for some reason, and tell you all that you're a bunch of lefty whiners trying to steal something from Monsanto somehow. The documents are probably forgeries and, through the same sort of mental gymnastics that enable me to continue to support the GOP even though I'm lower middle class, I will interpret these obvious documents in a way that completely obfuscates the obvious truth and claim that, "What...you have your opinion and I have mine, how dare you try to censor me..." even though my opinion is entirely partisan and complete horseshit.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Isn't that sweet?

It sounds really terrible, but unfortunately I always vote Republican so I'm required to side with Monsanto, for some reason, and tell you all that you're a bunch of lefty whiners trying to steal something from Monsanto somehow. The documents are probably forgeries and, through the same sort of mental gymnastics that enable me to continue to support the GOP even though I'm lower middle class, I will interpret these obvious documents in a way that completely obfuscates the obvious truth and claim that, "What...you have your opinion and I have mine, how dare you try to censor me..." even though my opinion is entirely partisan and complete horseshit.
Not sure this is always a GOP thing. Monsantos CEO was head of the FDA in 2010. Monsanto loves both democrats and republicans.

You're Appointing Who ? Please Obama, Say It's Not So! | HuffPost

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
And this sort of shit happens with what the damned RW Republicans consider TOO MUCH government regulations!!!!
Except this didn't all happen under republicans. Appears the EPA protected Monsanto since their CEO was head of the FDA after running GMO operations.

May 2006
Not sure this is always a GOP thing. Monsantos CEO was head of the FDA in 2010. Monsanto loves both democrats and republicans.
I'm referring more to the rubes that will be showing up to defend Monsanto here shortly. I assure you, it will be the same group that denies the climate is changing.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I'm referring more to the rubes that will be showing up to defend Monsanto here shortly. I assure you, it will be the same group that denies the climate is changing.
Lots of people defend Monsanto. Its why only two states, Hawaii and Vermont, have any restrictions at all on Monsanto or GMOs. Everyone else denies they are bad. Those states are just filled with whackjobs like Tulsi Gabbard and Bernie Sanders. :smile:

May 2006
Except this didn't all happen under republicans. Appears the EPA protected Monsanto since their CEO was head of the FDA after running GMO operations.
When the curtains are drawn, Obama, Hillary, Bill, George, whoever, knows to ask Goldman Sachs who they need to appoint to which positions, knows to ask Citi if there are any laws they'd like to write and submit to be included into some unrelated bill, knows not to bite the hand that feeds them.