New Illinois law will ensure contributions of gay people are taught in public schools

Mar 2019
Texas

13WREX

✔@13WREX

https://twitter.com/13WREX/status/1160892696363450368

NEW LAW: Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker signed a new bill into law on Friday that ensures the contributions of LGBTQ people are taught in public schools. https://wrex.com/category/2019/08/12/lgbtq-history-curriculum-will-now-be-taught-in-illinois-schools/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_13WREX …

LGBTQ history curriculum will now be taught in Illinois schools - WREX
The bill passed the Senate and House earlier this year and is scheduled to go into effect in July 2020.
wrex.com

7:36 AM - Aug 12, 2019

So if I am reading this story correctly, starting next year in Illinois, history teachers will teach — by law — not only that Sally Ride was the first U.S. woman in space, but also the first U.S. lesbian in space.

I skimmed the bill but didn’t see anything specifying “public high schools,” so we’re guessing this goes all the way to public elementary schools.

I didn't realize they had different History. Do they have different Geography and Math, too ?

Dec 2018
Florida
I will always be annoyed by stuff like this. We don’t need to teach about the “gays” or “African Americans” or whatever. We need to teach about people and their experience. But we shouldn’t single them out due to a random descriptor. But then...I just think people should be celebrated for their greatness.

Mar 2019
Texas
I will always be annoyed by stuff like this. We don’t need to teach about the “gays” or “African Americans” or whatever. We need to teach about people and their experience. But we shouldn’t single them out due to a random descriptor. But then...I just think people should be celebrated for their greatness.

The U.S. always gets criticized because our kids wind up near the bottom of the rankings for math and science, etc.

But liberals think it's more important to emphasize the sexual preference of people in history.

Reactions: spyydrr

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
The problem with this is that members of those groups were singled out for persecution. That history of persecution does not go away just by pretending we do not do that anymore, nor does the history of perception of abnormality and/or less-than-humanness attributed to them. Yes, it should be simply about individuals, and eventually it will be - when the vestiges of bigotry against a given group or groups are erased.

Reactions: Leo2 and Babba
Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
Social Justice is the lens that the Left wants everything to be promoted through.

LGBTQ+P is a "victim group." It must be promoted. The white Christian male and the patriarchy must be demonized.

Reactions: aboutenough
Mar 2019

13WREX
✔@13WREX

NEW LAW: Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker signed a new bill into law on Friday that ensures the contributions of LGBTQ people are taught in public schools. https://wrex.com/category/2019/08/12/lgbtq-history-curriculum-will-now-be-taught-in-illinois-schools/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_13WREX …

LGBTQ history curriculum will now be taught in Illinois schools - WREX
The bill passed the Senate and House earlier this year and is scheduled to go into effect in July 2020.
wrex.com

7:36 AM - Aug 12, 2019

So if I am reading this story correctly, starting next year in Illinois, history teachers will teach — by law — not only that Sally Ride was the first U.S. woman in space, but also the first U.S. lesbian in space.

I skimmed the bill but didn’t see anything specifying “public high schools,” so we’re guessing this goes all the way to public elementary schools.

I didn't realize they had different History. Do they have different Geography and Math, too ?
Homeschooling just got a little more popular in Illinois.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
We need to teach about gays and minorities and women and their contributions because they have been left out of the history books.

Mar 2019
We need to teach about gays and minorities and women and their contributions because they have been left out of the history books.
The gays have spread the AIDS virus very quickly

94% of new HIV cases among young males are among homosexual males.