New Toys

C

CrusaderRabbit08

Just got my first ebook reader - Sony Reader Pocket Edition. It arrived yesterday and it's pretty cool. I ordered it from Costco. Sony recently dropped the price of this model and Costco tossed in a leather cover and wall charger. Add in Costco's great return policy and it was a pretty good deal.

I went with this model because of its price and small size. It's bare bones though - no touch screen, no mp3 player, no audio books, no picture viewer, no memory card slot, no search function, no dictionary, no highlighting, no note taking, etc. Since its primary function is to read, none of those features will be missed.

I don't read much in the way of fiction; but when I do, I prefer the classics (Verne, Poe, Wells, Dickens, Twain, etc). I'll mostly use this ereader for magazines and newspapers. I don't intend on buying any books for it. Everything I put on it will be public domain, free articles, and a few ebooks from the library. Lucky my tastes can be completely satisfied with the free stuff :)

Since Sony's software sucks, I'm using Calibre to manage my library. Here's a pic; I got the silver:

Mar 2010
I've had a Kindle for a while now and love it. I'm an avid reader so it saves me quite a bit of money. I also now read books I would not have bought due to price. As an example I read a history of China written in 1907, before the revolution. It was interesting reading about how the Manchu dynasty would last forever because the people liked it.

C

CrusaderRabbit08

I've had a Kindle for a while now and love it. I'm an avid reader so it saves me quite a bit of money. I also now read books I would not have bought due to price. As an example I read a history of China written in 1907, before the revolution. It was interesting reading about how the Manchu dynasty would last forever because the people liked it.
How do you like the E-Ink vs a regular computer display?

K

katiegrrl0

Wow was i disappointed when I got to this thread. I thought you meant TOYS.

C

CrusaderRabbit08

The only good iPad is a blended iPad :woot:

[video=youtube;lAl28d6tbko]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAl28d6tbko[/video]

C

CrusaderRabbit08

Is this what you girls had in mind :mrgreen:

[video=youtube;lsjU0K8QPhs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsjU0K8QPhs[/video]