New York Attorney General Opens Investigation of Trump Projects

Sep 2014
Barsoom
Nevertheless, the only outcome of an impeachment + senate trial is the removal of the president from office. It does not get into further punishment for the crimes that led to his removal from office.
It does not need to get into "further punishment." All it does is set the linear progression to prevent a sitting president from being indicted and prosecuted outside Congress while in office.

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
Nevertheless, the only outcome of an impeachment + senate trial is the removal of the president from office. It does not get into further punishment for the crimes that led to his removal from office.

The Senate can also bar any person convicted on a bill of impeachment from ever holding any office under the United States. They failed to do so with now Congressman Alcee Hastings who was impeached and then convicted in the Senate because they probbaly figured no one was dumb enough to vote him into any office. They were wrong.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
It does not need to get into "further punishment." All it does is set the linear progression to prevent a sitting president from being indicted and prosecuted outside Congress while in office.
I get that when it comes to Congress, but you keep ignoring all the SDNY investigations.

Which is what the actual topic of the thread is.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
The actual topic is the NY AG, not the SDNY.
The AG oversees the SDNY...

But I admit I made an error in calling it the SDNY instead of the AG

So now this just means another separate criminal investigation at the very top of the food chain.

And make no mistake about it, Trump should be very, very worried about the SDNY

Criminal investigation of Trump's business dealings may overshadow any 'Mueller report'

Do New York prosecutors pose the greatest threat to Donald Trump?

Trump can’t run the Mueller playbook on New York feds

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
The AG oversees the SDNY...

But I admit I made an error in calling it the SDNY instead of the AG

So now this just means another separate criminal investigation at the very top of the food chain.

And make no mistake about it, Trump should be very, very worried about the SDNY

The AG of the United States oversees the SDNY. This thread is about the New York AG, as the title of the thread states.

The NY AG is a political hack who publicly stated before she was sworn in that she would go after President Trump. So using investigations to go after political enemies is now okay? When is it okay and when isn't it okay?

We now know that the DOJ ordered the FBI to clear Hillary. That means Obama was likely in the loop. But hey, when Dims do this stuff you are okay with it. The left is so hypocritical.

Page said in her testimony that the FBI held “multiple conversations” with the Obama Department of Justice about charging Clinton with gross negligence, but the Bureau was told that such a charge would not be brought forward.

Hillary Clinton received what amounts to a secret pre-pardon from the Obama DOJ

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
The AG of the United States oversees the SDNY. This thread is about the New York AG, as the title of the thread states.

The NY AG is a political hack who publicly stated before she was sworn in that she would go after President Trump. So using investigations to go after political enemies is now okay? When is it okay and when isn't it okay?

We now know that the DOJ ordered the FBI to clear Hillary. That means Obama was likely in the loop. But hey, when Dims do this stuff you are okay with it. The left is so hypocritical.

Page said in her testimony that the FBI held “multiple conversations” with the Obama Department of Justice about charging Clinton with gross negligence, but the Bureau was told that such a charge would not be brought forward.

Hillary Clinton received what amounts to a secret pre-pardon from the Obama DOJ
Yada, Yada, Yada with your partisan hack talk. She won the election so I'm thinking the people of her state wants to do what she promised she would do. Why do you have a problem with that?

I'm sure you are fine with Geoffrey S. Berman, Trump's own handpicked United States attorney for the Southern District of New York though.

And the stupid thread Obama has been debunked

Not that it matters to you

Should of know better than to engage a total Trump Cultist where again, facts simply do not matter. .

Sep 2014
Barsoom
I get that when it comes to Congress, but you keep ignoring all the SDNY investigations.

Which is what the actual topic of the thread is.
The Constitution prohibits a state from prosecuting a sitting president. Sole power is sole power. Regardless of which side of the isle one is on, a sitting president does have a layer of protection we do not have. It was a debated in 1787. Clinton should have fought it to the end in my opinion.