Newsweek OpEd: Warren or Bernie, Or Trump

Oct 2013
Sweden
Worry about your own party for a change. Your lying about Democrats got boring a long time ago.
That reeks partisanship, which is toxic to the entire system....and we are all in that system, we are all effected so thinking people have no right to "worry" about what both of the ruling parties are doing is insane and shows how you are that quick to dismiss any sort of democratic mind set...people in it who dont like your party should just shut up about it even though they are affected by it? Even though its their nation too?

Oct 2013
Sweden
She was more likable than trump.
I dont agree, I think she is SMARTER than Trump, but I think she is just as evil...in fact maybe more so, Trump is like some 3 year old who is just selfish and only thinks of himself and his own ego....Hilary is smart, she understands fully the implications of what she is doing and she does it anyway. They are both psychopathic.....Hilary is more dangerous because she is smarter and she can convince you murder is ok....is necessary. She can spin the worst horrors and gain support for it....I dont think Trump can. He is too dumb to have any finesse. Trump is proof of how much both parties managed to destroy the education system and dumb the public down...Trump is proof that people have become so accustomed to the corruption and getting screwed over that we hardly blink anymore.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
and there are many elderly representatives and senators. I keep hearing we need to be more democratic, but nobody (except me) has advocated changing the system to a true democracy. while I will admit it would increase the work load on the citizens, it would also solve many of the issues we now are confronted with. if the citizens are in control and make the decisions, the congress and president would have little authority to make decisions which are unpopular (even if the citizens make a bad decision). but, it will require a lot of effort to make it happen. of course, the idea that the citizens must be directly responsible when bad decisions are made cannot be blamed on "those stupid, partisan politicians". there would be such crutch to lean on. afraid?
You want to run the U.S. like a town hall?

I could agree to setting some subjects aside for decision only by referrendum, but we need some capacity to make snap decisions.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Bernie is very unlikely to have won the general election. You keep missing that there are states Hillary won that Bernie couldn't win if he paid them. That isn't even an issue to me. Just reality.

Reactions: Kontrary
Jun 2014
United States
That reeks partisanship, which is toxic to the entire system....and we are all in that system, we are all effected so thinking people have no right to "worry" about what both of the ruling parties are doing is insane and shows how you are that quick to dismiss any sort of democratic mind set...people in it who dont like your party should just shut up about it even though they are affected by it? Even though its their nation too?

You aren't a Democrat either. Worry about your own party. Democrats don't need advice from Republicans or anarchists.

Oct 2013
Sweden
You aren't a Democrat either. Worry about your own party. Democrats don't need advice from Republicans or anarchists.
I am not worried about any particular party, which seems hard for you to understand, I am more worried about the state of the nation itself and each of the issues. Labeling everything instead of dealing with individual issues on their own merits is lazy thinking.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
I am not worried about any particular party, which seems hard for you to understand, I am more worried about the state of the nation itself and each of the issues. Labeling everything instead of dealing with individual issues on their own merits is lazy thinking.
EXACTLY. Biden is every bit the enemy of the 99% that the Clintons were. That Trump would be, if he was better at potus-ing.

It doesn't matter if we elect a Democrat. It only matters if we elect a PROGRESSIVE.

Apr 2018
oregon
"*Snip*

The stark reality is that Democrats cannot defeat Trump's authoritarian populism with an establishment candidate who fronts for the oligarchy. The only way Democrats win is with an agenda of fundamental systemic reform, such as provided by Warren and also by Sanders.

Unless Democrats stand squarely on the side of democracy against oligarchy, they risk that on Election Day too many Americans will either stand with Trump or stay home."

Trump is popular, but by no means an authoritarian. He killed the democrat's authoritarian personal mandate.

• Haha
Reactions: Kontrary