Newsweek OpEd: Warren or Bernie, Or Trump

Oct 2013
Sweden
Yes, it's fine for the U.S to do what it does for the good of the country of the U.S. The problem here is Trump was doing what was good for him and damn America. End of story, so go pound sand.
Oh ok, so anything goes as long as it suits the US....mass murder in other nations is fine as long as it benefits the US...gotcha, no wonder I cant stand the dem party! You are no better than Trump....he has the same logic, as long as it benefits HIM, the only difference is who you are trying to benefit...what others suffer for it doesnt seem to matter.

Sep 2016
My own world
Oh ok, so anything goes as long as it suits the US....mass murder in other nations is fine as long as it benefits the US...gotcha, no wonder I cant stand the dem party! You are no better than Trump....he has the same logic, as long as it benefits HIM, the only difference is who you are trying to benefit...what others suffer for it doesnt seem to matter.
Who cares what you think, I'm not a Democrat or a Republican. I vote for candidates that I believe will do the right thing. This bull shit of mass murder is in your head. The U.S has not targeted innocent people purposely since dropping the bombs in WWII. Do I care if the U.S backs democracy
in other countries if they do so against autocrats? FUCK NO !. Why would I? I'm not saying the US fund foreign elections but there are other ways to support the resistance in countries that are trying to bring about change to their own countries.

Last edited:
Oct 2013
Sweden
Who cares what you think, I'm not a Democrat or a Republican. I vote for candidates that I believe will do the right thing. This bull shit of mass murder is in your head. The U.S has not targeted innocent people purposely since dropping the bombs in WWII. Do I care if the U.S backs democracy
in other countries if they do so against autocrats? FUCK NO !. Why would I? I'm not saying the US fund foreign elections but there are other ways to support the resistance in countries that are trying to bring about change to their own countries.
You are factually wrong. The US funded the contras, they massacred nuns, priests....The US reaction was to abide it. They allowed them to traffic drugs into the united states to its own citizens. The US had Posada Carillies on the payroll when he downed a cuban airplane...killing nothing but innocent people....the goal was to make it look like Castros fault but it didnt work and the declassfied documents show the US did know it was him. They also proceeded to give him protection after being convicted of this in Venezuela.

Your statements reveal how little truth you know about what your own govt is up to and how you are willing to turn a blind eye because you think it benefits you, thats no better than Trump and his moral compass....so the dems are better how exactly?

Let me add that invading Iraq was definitely also mass murder...Vietnam was mass murder...Cambodia was mass murder...numerous coups and overthrows of govts in the latin american region by the US have been decades of mass murder and destruction of civil life.

Sep 2016
My own world
You are factually wrong. The US funded the contras, they massacred nuns, priests....The US reaction was to abide it. They allowed them to traffic drugs into the united states to its own citizens. The US had Posada Carillies on the payroll when he downed a cuban airplane...killing nothing but innocent people....the goal was to make it look like Castros fault but it didnt work and the declassfied documents show the US did know it was him. They also proceeded to give him protection after being convicted of this in Venezuela.

Your statements reveal how little truth you know about what your own govt is up to and how you are willing to turn a blind eye because you think it benefits you, thats no better than Trump and his moral compass....so the dems are better how exactly?

Let me add that invading Iraq was definitely also mass murder...Vietnam was mass murder...Cambodia was mass murder...numerous coups and overthrows of govts in the latin american region by the US have been decades of mass murder and destruction of civil life.
Tough fact of life sometimes you back people that turn out to be not so nice after all. The intentions of the US were still to protect itself so go pound sand if you find that offensive. Again there was no intention to harm innocent people.

Oct 2013
Sweden
Tough fact of life sometimes you back people that turn out to be not so nice after all. The intentions of the US were still to protect itself so go pound sand if you find that offensive. Again there was no intention to harm innocent people.
You have taken naive or selfishness to a whole new level.....the US was fully aware and continued to back these folks. Your fairytale view of the US is astounding, especially considering all the proof out there to counter your beliefs.

Just one example...

Operation Northwoods was a proposed false flag operation against the Cuban government that originated within the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and the Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) of the United States government in 1962. The proposals called for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) or other U.S. government operatives to commit acts of terrorism against American civilians and military targets, blaming them on the Cuban government, and using it to justify a war against Cuba. The possibilities detailed in the document included the possible assassination of Cuban émigrés, sinking boats of Cuban refugees on the high seas, hijacking planes, blowing up a U.S. ship, and orchestrating violent terrorism in U.S. cities.

That sounds like good intentions to you? All so they could wage an unjust war on another nation because the leadership there was no longer a puppet to the US and those who bribe them to represent their interests instead of the publics.

Specifically on the contras and the US govts KNOWLEDGE of just how evil they really were

During their war against the Nicaraguan government, the Contras committed numerous human rights violations and used terrorist tactics.[1][2][3][4][5] These actions were frequently carried out systematically as a part of the strategy of the Contras. Supporters of the Contras tried to downplay these violations, particularly the Reagan administration in the US, which engaged in a campaign of white propaganda to alter public opinion in favor of the contras,[6] while covertly encouraging the Contras to attack civilian targets.[7]

From an early stage, the rebels received financial and military support from the United States government, and their military significance decisively depended on it. After US support was banned by Congress, the Reagan administration covertly continued it. These illegal activities culminated in the Iran–Contra affair.

Do you also not know about the school of the americas....the US created a place to train dictators! They churned out some truly nasty ones, trained by the US, financially backed by the US...the US not only KNEW about their human rights violations, they trained them to do it!

Graduates of the School of the Americas[edit]
The U.S. Army School of the Americas is a school that has run more dictators than any other school in the history of the world.
— Congressman Joseph P. Kennedy II[43]