Newt Gingrich: Trump's campaign speeches were at a 4th grade level-

May 2012
By the wall
Hmmmm, and he won because he knows how to communicate with the people.

Your right, what a horrible strategy.

lol

May 2012
By the wall
No, Gingrich is saying that Trump supporters have the intellect of a 4th Grader.

Do you agree with Newt's assessment?
Nope and that is not what Newt is saying.

He is saying that Trump kept his messages simple, he didn't make them at a post-graduate level speech where half the people don't know what he's talking about.

Many presidents, especially Teddy, spoke in very simple terms and it had nothing to do with the intelligence of his listeners, it was so he could make his point very clearly.

This is what Trump did.

The only white vote that Hillary won were white women with college degrees, Trump won the rest.

Now why do you think that is?

Jul 2014
Border Fence

lol
What does "Make America Great Again" mean exactly? I heard Melania Trump say that. What does she mean?

She came to America in 1996. Trump's family did not come until 100 years ago.

My family has been in America since 1751. What the fuck do the Trumps know about America?

Jun 2013
VA

He is saying that Trump kept his messages simple, he didn't make them at a post-graduate level speech where half the people don't know what he's talking about.
You deny Newt was saying he thinks people were at an intellectual level of a 4th Grader...

then you say "They weren't smart enough to handle a post-graduate level speech."

Seriously, you don't see the DOUBLETHINK....do you?

May 2012
By the wall
What does "Make America Great Again" mean exactly? I heard Melania Trump say that. What does she mean?

She came to America in 1996. Trump's family did not come until 100 years ago.

My family has been in America since 1751. What the fuck do the Trumps know about America?
The fact that you do not know is why the left lost the election.

Ponder that for awhile.

May 2012
By the wall
You deny Newt was saying he thinks people were at an intellectual level of a 4th Grader...

then you say "They weren't smart enough to handle a post-graduate level speech."

Seriously, you don't see the DOUBLETHINK....do you?
I never said they weren't smart enough but it's easier to grasp a simple message then one that is convoluted in details.

It's common sense.

There is no need to show off with big words when a simple sentence will do just fine. It's about getting your point across the simplest way possible and it is a very good campaign strategy.

I have sat through many lectures that quickly become boring because of the sophisticated way some people talk, like we enjoy their knowledge of the English language or something. It's often those that keep it very plain that keep the audience engaged.

Hillary looked like she was living in the Ivory Tower looking down on her people while she spoke.

Very off putting to many.

Apr 2014
Maryland

lol
As a teacher I did not lower my standards to communicate with kids who spoke poorly. Coming down to a lower level is not a good thing. Raising people to a higher level should be the goal, but I don't think Trump has the capacity

Apr 2014
Maryland

Many presidents, especially Teddy, spoke in very simple terms and it had nothing to do with the intelligence of his listeners, it was so he could make his point very clearly.

This is what Trump did.

The only white vote that Hillary won were white women with college degrees, Trump won the rest.

Now why do you think that is?
Minority women don't count