NFL 2018 Regular Season Week Two Games

Mar 2015
Nowhere, mon frere ~
Seven new coaches in the NFL this year.

Record in week one: 0 - 7.

Most of them took over lousy teams, sure, but 0 - 7?

Maybe two of them will be matched up soon...
New coaches mean new schemes and presumably new or soon to-be-new quarterbacks. When Shanahan got here, we switched to zone blocking on O (along with smaller, quicker linemen) and a 3-4 D-line. Very hard to win early in the year for a new coach. Joe Gibbs started 0-5 in 1981, his first year.

Mar 2015
Nowhere, mon frere ~

Watch at around the 40 second mark:

Adrian Peterson Jukes Patrick Peterson out of his shoes and then tramples him! I swear, I'm beyond impressed. He's the starter for the year until he gets hurt. Redskins already have at least five players on injured reserve, so that can happen to anyone.

Jul 2014
midwest
New coaches mean new schemes and presumably new or soon to-be-new quarterbacks. When Shanahan got here, we switched to zone blocking on O (along with smaller, quicker linemen) and a 3-4 D-line. Very hard to win early in the year for a new coach. Joe Gibbs started 0-5 in 1981, his first year.
I still say Patricia layed the biggest egg.

He took a team with a winning record last year, with a Pro Bowl QB still in his prime (allegedly), against the NY J E T S Jets, Jets, Jets! team who had a rookie QB who threw a pick 6 with his first pass...and still managed to get blown out AT HOME!

Belichicks assistants have not had much success when hired as Head coaches.

Most of them have not lasted long.

But maybe he'll turn it around...

Jul 2014
midwest

Watch at around the 40 second mark:

Adrian Peterson Jukes Patrick Peterson out of his shoes and then tramples him! I swear, I'm beyond impressed. He's the starter for the year until he gets hurt. Redskins already have at least five players on injured reserve, so that can happen to anyone.
Adrian Peterson had a great game for a back of his age and mileage.

Let's see how he's doing in a month or two...

Jan 2016
Colorado
These are SguareKnot's picks for Week Two:

Ravens vs bengals, Bengals 4
Steelers vs chiefs Chiefs 5
Dolphins vs jets, Fins 9
Eagles* vs Bucs , Eagles 14
Browns vs Saints, Saints 16
Redskins* vs colts Redskins 7
Chargers* vs Bills Chargers 8
Packers vs Vikings, Vikes 6
Panthers vs Falcons, Falcons 1
Titans vs Texans, Texans 13
Cardinals vs Rams, Rams 12
Lions* vs 49's Lions 11
Raiders vs Broncos, Broncos 15
Jags vs Pats, N.E 3
Seahawks * vs Bears, Hawks 10
Giants vs Cowboys 2
@SguareKnot, good call on the Ravens at Bengals game. You're off to a good start, I made the mistake of picking the Ravens and making them my '7' pick. Ouch. I thought the Ravens would have wanted revenge for the Bengals knocking them out of the playoffs last year in the final regular season game-----that was the game that put the Buffalo Bills into the playoffs, instead of the Ravens. But I noticed another problem: it is not clear which team you are picking in the Giants vs Cowboys game! This is not a problem, but please make a choice in that game before Sunday.

Jan 2018
Fl.
@SguareKnot, good call on the Ravens at Bengals game. You're off to a good start, I made the mistake of picking the Ravens and making them my '7' pick. Ouch. I thought the Ravens would have wanted revenge for the Bengals knocking them out of the playoffs last year in the final regular season game-----that was the game that put the Buffalo Bills into the playoffs, instead of the Ravens. But I noticed another problem: it is not clear which team you are picking in the Giants vs Cowboys game! This is not a problem, but please make a choice in that game before Sunday.
I'll take the Cowboys, although neither team was impressive in their first game.

Jan 2016
Colorado
I'll take the Cowboys, although neither team was impressive in their first game.
Well, I think they both had tough opponents in Week One, with Dallas having to play at Carolina----a team I think will definitely contend for the NFC South; and with the NY Giants having to entertain the Jacksonville Jaguars, a team that I am picking to go to the Super-Bowl this year.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Updated:

Dolphins vs jets, Fins 9
Lions* vs 49's Lions 11
Jags vs Pats, N.E 3
Giants vs Cowboys, Cowboys 2

Jan 2016
Colorado
Updated:

Dolphins vs jets, Fins 9
Lions* vs 49's Lions 11
Jags vs Pats, N.E 3
Giants vs Cowboys, Cowboys 2
@SguareKnot: We can add up the scores to this point, pending the outcome of the Seattle at Chicago game tomorrow night, and I can tell you this: no matter what the outcome of that game is, you have won this week. To get your score, we add 4 points for the Bengals game, plus 5 for the Chiefs, 9 for the Dolphins, 16 for the Saints, 8 for the Chargers, 1 for the Falcons, 12 for the Rams, 15 for the Broncos, and 2 for the Cowboys, to get a total of 72.

My total was 69. We both picked Seattle to win tomorrow night. If Seattle does win, you will end up with 82 points, I will end up with 72 points.

If Seattle loses to Chicago, you will still have those 72 points, and I will have those 69 points, so you win in either case. Good choices. I always find Week Two games hard to pick.

I almost forgot to add: Since the Minnesota at Green Bay game ended in a tie, it simply gets THROWN OUT, and no one gets any of the points they put on that game for this week. I had '5' on the Vikings to win, and you had '6' on them to win, so it made little difference here.

Last edited: