NFL Football Talk 2017

Sparta

Former Staff
Aug 2006
Connecticut
Not many teams still run an offensive system Peterson would thrive in and he's top dollar

Jan 2016
Colorado
Kirk Cousins' preferred destination is San Francisco 49ers

According to an unnamed source (Fake Sports News?), Kirk Cousins has said his preferred choice if traded by the Redskins is the 49ers.
Wow, I would think he would rather be traded to a team like the Denver Broncos, who would have a much better chance of getting to the playoffs than the 49ers. There has been SOME talk of Romo going to the Broncos. As a Broncos fan, I sincerely hope not. I would much rather the Broncos try to get a promising YOUNGER QB like Cousins. But, as someone else noted, Cousins is apparently sticking with the Redskins....

Also, as a Broncos fan, let me say that I am very happy that Terrell Davis finally got into the Hall of Fame. Richly deserved, in my opinion; that man may have had a short career (due to injury), but he utterly DOMINATED the NFL for a period of about four years.

Rorschach

Former Staff
Aug 2012
america

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
Cousins tagged, not going anywhere
Technically, you can trade a player who has signed the franchise tender. It doesn't happen often. I believe though that's what happened when Matt Cassel was traded. Maybe Jared Allen too.

You're right, I don't think Cousins is going anywhere either though. They'll probably get a long term deal together now that he's strung together two consecutive good seasons. The Redskins have been looking for a long term quarterback for a couple of decades. If he leads Washington in passing this year, he'll be the first QB to do so four years in a row for the team since Mark Rypien.

Reactions: 1 person