NFL Football Talk 2018

Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
Best runningback in draft.

[video=youtube;E0VALn4r8mg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0VALn4r8mg[/video]

The most complete runningback to ever be drafted, talent-wise.

Last edited:

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
I'm a huge Barkley fan. Predicting where he goes is going to be interesting in this draft.

The Top 5 Picks:

1. Cleveland
2. NY Giants
3. NY Jets
4. Cleveland
5. Denver

The generally accepted top five players in the NFL Draft, not hard and fast as people can be taken early or drop, are pretty much (in no particular order)...

QB Sam Darnold
QB Josh Rosen
QB Baker Mayfield
RB Saquon Barkley
DE Bradley Chubb

My favorite of that bunch is Barkley. I think he can make an immediate impact, depending on the team that picks him. The problem is that running backs are undervalued in today's NFL, in some cases justifiably so. That's Le'Veon Bell's whole argument in his contract situation with the Steelers.

The next five best players as generally ranked on most draft boards are (again, in no particular order)...

G Quenton Nelson
DB Minkah Fitzpatrick
DB Denzel Ward
DB Derwin James
LB Tremaine Edmunds

Where guys eventually get taken though has more to do with team need than overall rankings vs. other available players.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
Probably the best player in the draft. If Cleveland does not draft him with the first pick they are insane.....
I don't know. He's my favorite available, but Cleveland has options. The wild card right now is figuring out what the Giants are going to do.

The Jets traded up to number three to take a quarterback. The Giants have an aging Eli Manning and could easily be seen as taking a quarterback. The Giants also have no running game so could take Barkley. The Giants also just traded away a pass rusher in JPP so could be interested in Chubb. They could also trade out of the spot too. If Cleveland can figure out what the Giants are going to do, and if that is take a quarterback, then the Browns could conceivably come out of the draft with their favorite of the top three quarterbacks at the number one spot and then still get Barkley with the number four pick, which would be an amazing draft. It's a risk though if they really want Barkley. I'm a Jets fan and would love Barkley, but they moved up for a QB so there's no risk losing him there. It's all about what the Giants are going to do at number two right now.

Last edited:
Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
I'm a huge Barkley fan. Predicting where he goes is going to be interesting in this draft.

The Top 5 Picks:

1. Cleveland
2. NY Giants
3. NY Jets
4. Cleveland
5. Denver

The generally accepted top five players in the NFL Draft, not hard and fast as people can be taken early or drop, are pretty much (in no particular order)...

QB Sam Darnold
QB Josh Rosen
QB Baker Mayfield
RB Saquon Barkley
DE Bradley Chubb

My favorite of that bunch is Barkley. I think he can make an immediate impact, depending on the team that picks him. The problem is that running backs are undervalued in today's NFL, in some cases justifiably so. That's Le'Veon Bell's whole argument in his contract situation with the Steelers.

The next five best players as generally ranked on most draft boards are (again, in no particular order)...

G Quenton Nelson
DB Minkah Fitzpatrick
DB Denzel Ward
DB Derwin James
LB Tremaine Edmunds

Where guys eventually get taken though has more to do with team need than overall rankings vs. other available players.
The problem is or more specifically WHY he won't go number one is value of the position. While he is head and shoulders above other runningbacks in the draft, he will not go until at least the sixth pic and only sooner is someone reaches.

Mayfield will go higher only because of possession value.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
I look for Cleveland to take Barkley at one and pick up a QB with number 4...the top 3 QB's are close enough that getting one of the three is OK as long as you have Barkley because there is no other RB that is even close to him.....

Jan 2016
Colorado
The problem is or more specifically WHY he won't go number one is value of the position. While he is head and shoulders above other runningbacks in the draft, he will not go until at least the sixth pic and only sooner is someone reaches.

Mayfield will go higher only because of possession value.
Wait, what? You're saying Saquon Barkley won't go until the 6th pick? NO WAY. If he is there at the 5th pick, I am like 99% sure that the Broncos would GRAB him, in a heartbeat.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN

The Top 5 Picks:

1. Cleveland
2. NY Giants
3. NY Jets
4. Cleveland
5. Denver

QB Sam Darnold
QB Josh Rosen
QB Baker Mayfield
RB Saquon Barkley
DE Bradley Chubb

G Quenton Nelson
DB Minkah Fitzpatrick
DB Denzel Ward
DB Derwin James
LB Tremaine Edmunds

Looking at history, one of those three QB's will be a franchise player, another one will be a journeyman that never achieves his full potential and the third one will be a bust, we just don't know which one is going to fill those three roles....