NFL Football Talk 2019

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
With the Super Bowl over and the 2019 NFL Draft just around the corner, suppose it's time to kick off the NFL Football Talk 2019 thread.

Jan 2016
Colorado
With the Super Bowl over and the 2019 NFL Draft just around the corner, suppose it's time to kick off the NFL Football Talk 2019 thread.
A lot of Broncos fans are worried sick that John Elway has fallen in love with Missouri QB Drew Lock and might even give away the farm in terms of future draft picks to trade UP from the 10th pick in the April draft to be sure of getting his 'man'. Yikes! I'm not even convinced the guy is a first round talent! He only completed less than 57% of his passes! How is that 1st round talent?!?

My two nephews want the Broncos to draft LSU Cornerback Greedy Williams, if he's still available with the 10th pick. I'd be OK with that, they certainly do need an upgrade at CB over Bradley Roby, who was a HUGE disappointment this past year. But the Broncos also need offensive linemen, and they need to draft MULTIPLE offensive linemen this year.

If they draft a QB at ALL this year, I want it to be in the last few rounds, a 'take a wild chance on this guy' pick. The Broncos should try to land their franchise QB in 2020, not in 2019.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
A lot of Broncos fans are worried sick that John Elway has fallen in love with Missouri QB Drew Lock and might even give away the farm in terms of future draft picks to trade UP from the 10th pick in the April draft to be sure of getting his 'man'. Yikes! I'm not even convinced the guy is a first round talent! He only completed less than 57% of his passes! How is that 1st round talent?!?

My two nephews want the Broncos to draft LSU Cornerback Greedy Williams, if he's still available with the 10th pick. I'd be OK with that, they certainly do need an upgrade at CB over Bradley Roby, who was a HUGE disappointment this past year. But the Broncos also need offensive linemen, and they need to draft MULTIPLE offensive linemen this year.

If they draft a QB at ALL this year, I want it to be in the last few rounds, a 'take a wild chance on this guy' pick. The Broncos should try to land their franchise QB in 2020, not in 2019.
I think that's a pretty fair assessment. Lock could be good but the 10th pick overall and whatever it might take to trade up is a big gamble on "could be" talent. I'm a big believer in offensive line drafts. That's where you build the foundation of your team. If you nail down a top notch line, you can be successful without having the number one rated running back or quarterback.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
And now Antonio Brown has made it official and asked for a trade.

Rumor has it he wants to go to the 49ers. Man, Jimmy G would really like that.

It'll be interesting to see what the Steelers get for him if they go through with it. The NFL isn't known for big high value trades for established stars demanding trades. AB is one of the best in the business though.

Jul 2014
midwest
And now Antonio Brown has made it official and asked for a trade.

Rumor has it he wants to go to the 49ers. Man, Jimmy G would really like that.

It'll be interesting to see what the Steelers get for him if they go through with it. The NFL isn't known for big high value trades for established stars demanding trades. AB is one of the best in the business though.
Steelers need to go through with it.

It's gonna be a big cap hit, but the alternative is a L Bell situation or a poisoned locker room.

It's a "Gots to Go" situation.

Get what they can and the 49ers are out of conference so that's as good as any destination.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious

It's gonna be a big cap hit, but the alternative is a L Bell situation or a poisoned locker room.

Get what they can and the 49ers are out of conference so that's as good as any destination.
Agreed that they have to do it. He's a special talent though so they also need to get the best deal

Jan 2016
Colorado

Gotta be something wrong with the Steelers locker room as it is when their two biggest offensive stars want out of town.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious