NFL Football Talk 2019

Jan 2016
Colorado
WOW!

I think, and hope that we'll see more of their games this season, especially prime time.

When is the schedule coming out (or has it already)?
The NFL Schedule is usually released about a week before the NFL draft, and that will be the case again this year, with Thursday, April 19th being the apparent 'target date':

https://www.vividseats.com/blog/nfl-schedule-release-date

I do know, though, that the Denver Broncos will be playing the Atlanta Falcons in the annual Hall-of-Fame Preseason Game on August 1st. We've known for some time that the Broncos would be in the Hall-of-Fame game, given the (overdue!) induction of Pat Bowlen into the Hall, but their opponent wasn't known until yesterday.....

Jul 2014
midwest
The NFL Schedule is usually released about a week before the NFL draft, and that will be the case again this year, with Thursday, April 19th being the apparent 'target date':

https://www.vividseats.com/blog/nfl-schedule-release-date

I do know, though, that the Denver Broncos will be playing the Atlanta Falcons in the annual Hall-of-Fame Preseason Game on August 1st. We've known for some time that the Broncos would be in the Hall-of-Fame game, given the (overdue!) induction of Pat Bowlen into the Hall, but their opponent wasn't known until yesterday.....
Should be a snoozer as most of them are.

I heard John Madden talk years ago about preseason games...

First two games: just see who's gonna make the team.

Third game is for real: put in an actual game plan, put in the first team, try to win the first half, or certain number of series.

Fourth game: just stay healthy.

Always loved Madden, he kept things simple...

Jan 2016
Colorado
Should be a snoozer as most of them are.

I heard John Madden talk years ago about preseason games...

First two games: just see who's gonna make the team.

Third game is for real: put in an actual game plan, put in the first team, try to win the first half, or certain number of series.

Fourth game: just stay healthy.

Always loved Madden, he kept things simple...
Yeah. Yeah, I wasn't saying I expected it to be a real exciting game, or anything. It was just a news item. You know, like telling you when the NFL schedules will be released.

Jul 2014
midwest
Yeah. Yeah, I wasn't saying I expected it to be a real exciting game, or anything. It was just a news item. You know, like telling you when the NFL schedules will be released.
Thought you watched the Pro Bowl.

If true, that says something.

The only games almost as bad are the preseason games...

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
Thought you watched the Pro Bowl.

If true, that says something.

The only games almost as bad are the preseason games...
I love the Pro Bowl. Not because it's a great football game or anything. I love seeing all the players interact with each other. Hanging out playing jokes on each other on the sidelines. Pointing and laughing at the quarterback they could've slammed down hard had it been a regular season game. It's cool to see a very little bit of the real side of who they are.

Jan 2016
Colorado
I love the Pro Bowl. Not because it's a great football game or anything. I love seeing all the players interact with each other. Hanging out playing jokes on each other on the sidelines. Pointing and laughing at the quarterback they could've slammed down hard had it been a regular season game. It's cool to see a very little bit of the real side of who they are.
I've sometimes watched it, for reasons just like that. I did watch it year before last, when Von Miller was the game's MVP. He just kind of took over that game in the 4th quarter, like he suddenly really wanted it. There ARE significant rewards for the players who win that game, and who win the MVP award.