NFL Football Talk 2019

Jan 2016
Colorado
I have tried, and that's about all that I can take.

Pre season games I can tolerate for a couple of series sometimes...
I like watching the preseason games, for the Broncos at least, precisely so that I can evaluate their draft picks (and free agents) for myself! And see which players *I* think deserve to make the team. I don't watch as many preseason games between OTHER teams, as I do during the regular season.

On the other hand, I have approximately ZERO interest in this new football league that is going on right now......

Jan 2016
Colorado
How's the OL the Packers signed from the Broncos? Billy Turner?
@steezer, there is a guy who writes for The Denver Post who seems to be uber-knowledgeable about all these pro football players and their strengths and weaknesses. His name is Ryan O'Halloran, and about Billy Turner he says this: "The Broncos lost guard/tackle Billy Turner to the Green Bay Packers for a reported four-year $28 million deal. The Packers are taking a risk if they want Turner to play right tackle. Last year for the Broncos, per the Denver Post's game charting, he played better at right guard. We booked him for 18-and-a-half 'disruptions' in pass protection (including 3-and-a-half sacks) and 13-and-a-half 'bad run' plays (gains of three or fewer yards). His two poorest games were at right tackle-----two sacks allowed against the Jets and one-and-a-half sacks by Kansas City."

He's also convinced that maybe I'm wrong about the Broncos letting their long-time center Matt Paradis getting away. He says: "The Broncos made the correct decision in letting center Matt Paradis leave for Carolina. He has had three major injuries-----surgeries on both hips after the 2016 season and a broken leg last year. Buyer beware."

But this means center is a position that the Broncos will need to address in the draft, probably. Currently, Connor McGovern would seem to be the designated center, but he has had some issues with shotgun snaps, and that's not good.....

Jul 2014
midwest
I love the Pro Bowl. Not because it's a great football game or anything. I love seeing all the players interact with each other. Hanging out playing jokes on each other on the sidelines. Pointing and laughing at the quarterback they could've slammed down hard had it been a regular season game. It's cool to see a very little bit of the real side of who they are.
That's all OK if that's what you like.

But, it's not football.

Back when it was in Honolulu, I would have love to have been there...

Jul 2014
midwest
I like watching the preseason games, for the Broncos at least, precisely so that I can evaluate their draft picks (and free agents) for myself! And see which players *I* think deserve to make the team. I don't watch as many preseason games between OTHER teams, as I do during the regular season.

On the other hand, I have approximately ZERO interest in this new football league that is going on right now......
Yeah, it does not interest me, either.

I watched about 10-15 minutes of the first weekend, the Orlando team coached by Spurrier.

It looked pretty bad.

I heard it described as mid major college level talent.

I'm not interested in mid major college games, either.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
That's all OK if that's what you like.

But, it's not football.

Back when it was in Honolulu, I would have love to have been there...
Back then they pretended it was football but it wasn't. And it can't be. But now they at least acknowledge it.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
Earl Thomas from the Seahawks to the Ravens.

Mark Ingram from the Saints to the Ravens.

Tyrod Taylor signs to backup Philip Rivers with the Chargers.

Pro Bowl kicker Jason Myers leaves the Jets for the Seahawks.

Tyrell Williams of the Chargers signs with the Raiders to pair with Antonio Brown.

Adrian Peterson signs two year deal to stay with the Redskins.

Running back Tevin Coleman leaves Falcons for 49ers.

QB Teddy Bridgewater, rumored yesterday to be resigning with the Saints as Brees' backup, is visiting with the Dolphins.

Pro Bowl return man Andre Roberts leaves the Jets and signs with the Bills.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Earl Thomas from the Seahawks to the Ravens.

Mark Ingram from the Saints to the Ravens.

Tyrod Taylor signs to backup Philip Rivers with the Chargers.

Pro Bowl kicker Jason Myers leaves the Jets for the Seahawks.

Tyrell Williams of the Chargers signs with the Raiders to pair with Antonio Brown.

Adrian Peterson signs two year deal to stay with the Redskins.

Running back Tevin Coleman leaves Falcons for 49ers.

QB Teddy Bridgewater, rumored yesterday to be resigning with the Saints as Brees' backup, is visiting with the Dolphins.

Pro Bowl return man Andre Roberts leaves the Jets and signs with the Bills.
As far as I know, WR Golden Tate is still out there, available. And so is LB K.J. Wright, unless I'm mistaken. Haven't heard anything about either of those players, yet.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
As far as I know, WR Golden Tate is still out there, available. And so is LB K.J. Wright, unless I'm mistaken. Haven't heard anything about either of those players, yet.
Nope. Haven't heard anything on them either. Still lots of players available.