NFL Football Talk 2019

Jan 2016
Colorado
I hope the Broncos draft Drew Lock just for future BigLeroy posts. :D

j/k
Well, heh, as it turned out, the Broncos DID draft Drew Lock, but only with the 42nd pick. I'm sorta OK with that. At least Elway didn't waste the 10th pick, or the 20th pick, on Lock. I woulda been FURIOUS if he had done that, and missed out on the chance to get a talent like Noah Fant. And I LOVE the pick of Dalton Risner (OG) from Kansas State with the 41st pick for the Broncos. Here's why: Dalton worshiped the Broncos as a boy. It's his boyhood dream to play for the Broncos. I LOVE getting guys like that. Philip Lindsay is another guy like that, who is living the dream of playing for the team he loved as a boy, and look what he did to help the Broncos last year. And besides all that, I think Risner was the best OG available in the draft, anyhow, and fortifies the Denver offensive line in a MAJOR way, right off the bat. OL Coach Mike Munchak has gotta LOVE this pick. He is gonna mold Dalton Risner into an All-Pro.

And, yeah, we'll get to see just how good Drew Lock is. He can have time to develop behind Joe Flacco, and to learn from him. Guy does have a cannon for an arm.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Well, heh, as it turned out, the Broncos DID draft Drew Lock, but only with the 42nd pick. I'm sorta OK with that. At least Elway didn't waste the 10th pick, or the 20th pick, on Lock. I woulda been FURIOUS if he had done that, and missed out on the chance to get a talent like Noah Fant. And I LOVE the pick of Dalton Risner (OG) from Kansas State with the 41st pick for the Broncos. Here's why: Dalton worshiped the Broncos as a boy. It's his boyhood dream to play for the Broncos. I LOVE getting guys like that. Philip Lindsay is another guy like that, who is living the dream of playing for the team he loved as a boy, and look what he did to help the Broncos last year. And besides all that, I think Risner was the best OG available in the draft, anyhow, and fortifies the Denver offensive line in a MAJOR way, right off the bat. OL Coach Mike Munchak has gotta LOVE this pick. He is gonna mold Dalton Risner into an All-Pro.

And, yeah, we'll get to see just how good Drew Lock is. He can have time to develop behind Joe Flacco, and to learn from him. Guy does have a cannon for an arm.
Hey, you got a MUCH better QB than the Giants did!! :)

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
Agree, and I'm not a Rosen fan

But he kind of got screwed over

Miami got him for pretty cheap too.
Exactly.

Miami gets to gamble on a guy who was first round talent and if he's good, it's all bonus. If he's average or a bust, they can move on when they want at little cost. Plus, Arizona already paid the bulk of his contract's guaranteed money. He's going to cost Miami about 6.5 million over three years which is below the average NFL salary for a backup QB.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Hey, you got a MUCH better QB than the Giants did!! :)
In truth.....LOL.....I think Drew Lock probably has more upside potential than Josh Rosen! I'm not sold on Josh Rosen, and wasn't last year when he went in the first round. I also wasn't sold on Josh Allen being a 1st round talent last year. And yet now the AFC East has three of those young gun QBs that went in the 1st round last year to challenge the aging Tom Brady: Josh Allen with Buffalo, Josh Rosen with Miami, and Sam Darnold with the NY Jets. That will be interesting to watch over the next few years.

The only QB in this year's draft who I think was unequivocally BETTER than Drew Lock was Dwayne Haskins, and I think the Redskins finally found their franchise QB in that guy. So I am OK with Elway grabbing Lock when he did, I'm just glad he didn't over-reach for him by picking him way too high, with a 1st round pick. At least sort of OK. Pending. Let's put it that way. I still wonder if they should have waited until next year to try to find the future franchise QB for the Broncos. But maybe we've got our guy. I do like the kid's personality. He comes in with a bit of a chip on his shoulder, for NOT being taken in the 1st round. Good. I like that.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
In truth.....LOL.....I think Drew Lock probably has more upside potential than Josh Rosen! I'm not sold on Josh Rosen, and wasn't last year when he went in the first round. I also wasn't sold on Josh Allen being a 1st round talent last year. And yet now the AFC East has three of those young gun QBs that went in the 1st round last year to challenge the aging Tom Brady: Josh Allen with Buffalo, Josh Rosen with Miami, and Sam Darnold with the NY Jets. That will be interesting to watch over the next few years.

The only QB in this year's draft who I think was unequivocally BETTER than Drew Lock was Dwayne Haskins, and I think the Redskins finally found their franchise QB in that guy. So I am OK with Elway grabbing Lock when he did, I'm just glad he didn't over-reach for him by picking him way too high, with a 1st round pick. At least sort of OK. Pending. Let's put it that way. I still wonder if they should have waited until next year to try to find the future franchise QB for the Broncos. But maybe we've got our guy. I do like the kid's personality. He comes in with a bit of a chip on his shoulder, for NOT being taken in the 1st round. Good. I like that.
Denver gets a draft grade of A, how long since you saw that?
Final draft grades for all 32 NFL teams

Jan 2016
Colorado
Denver gets a draft grade of A, how long since you saw that?
Final draft grades for all 32 NFL teams
Elway certainly has made a LOT of draft-day blunders. But I think he had a pretty good draft last year, too. He had Gary Kubiak advising him last year during the draft. I was worried this year, since that was no longer true. I was worried sick that he might over-reach for Drew Lock, but he didn't. I think it looks like he did a pretty good job with this year's draft. I certainly like Noah Fant. And I love the Dalton Risner pick. Yeah, thumbs up for Elway this year.

May 2012
By the wall
My Vikings finally shored up their OL.

Hopefully Cousins can have more than 2 seconds to pass the ball now.

And with the new TE and RB our passing offense just got a 1000 times more versatile.

Still lacking on D though but hopefully our offense will make up for that.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
I have never been that impressed with Kingsbury as even a college level coach. Now if Arizona had gotten Lincoln Riley and Kyler Murray, I would be a little more excited something big was going to happen.