NFL Head Coach Firings and Hirings

Jan 2016
Colorado
If it were my team down to these two, I'd be hoping for Vic Fangio. I think Munchak is a bit too old school for the way the NFL game is going these days. At least with Fangio you can bring that defense back and still try and land a top flight OC to design the offense.
Well, and besides that, Munchak had his turn as a head coach, and was so-so. Fangio is untested as a head coach, and I say give him a try.

There is some talk about trying to get Chuck Pagano to serve as defensive coordinator. Pagano has local roots, being a Colorado native....Fangio and Pagano would make a terrific team on that side of the ball, I would think. But yeah, would still need a good OC, then. Maybe Rams QB coach Zac Taylor? It would be a promotion to go from QB coach to OC.....

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
Well, and besides that, Munchak had his turn as a head coach, and was so-so. Fangio is untested as a head coach, and I say give him a try.

There is some talk about trying to get Chuck Pagano to serve as defensive coordinator. Pagano has local roots, being a Colorado native....Fangio and Pagano would make a terrific team on that side of the ball, I would think. But yeah, would still need a good OC, then. Maybe Rams QB coach Zac Taylor? It would be a promotion to go from QB coach to OC.....
Taylor would be a nice hire for OC. Good young creative mind.

I wouldn't necessarily not pick Munchak because he had his turn. There are a lot of examples of coaches doing better with their second team. I can only imagine how much a learning curve there is. Kubiak and Shanahan were second time coaches for your boys and both did much better. Belichick was a failure with Cleveland before going to the Pats. Just off the top of my head.

Jan 2018
Fl.
TAMPA, Fla. -- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are finalizing a deal to make Bruce Arians their next head coach, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Arians, who retired following the 2017 season coaching the Arizona Cardinals, has spent the 2018 NFL season working as a game analyst for CBS.

In Tampa Bay, he will reunite with Buccaneers general manager Jason Licht, who served as the Cardinals' vice president of player personnel in 2013, and quarterback Jameis Winston, who attended Arians' football camps as a youth in Birmingham, Alabama.

I'm neither for or against hiring Arians, I do like the head coach experience part. I just hope he can bring the changes the Bucs need !!
Arians finalizing deal to coach Bucs, sources say

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
Buccaneers hire Bruce Arians as their head coach.

Arians finalizing deal to coach Bucs, sources say

I think this is a good hire for them. It's still the Bucs, so it may not work out for other reasons, including the fact that you also have the Saints, Panthers and Falcons in your division. He's old school but has always been an innovative and creative offensive mind. I'd look for the Bucs to improve. He was offensive coordinator for the Steelers when they went to two Super Bowls, winning one and losing one. He went 9-3 as the interim head coach with the Colts when Pagano left the team due to fighting leukemia. He also posted three straight 10+ win seasons with the Cardinals, including a trip to the NFC Championship Game, which is nothing to sneeze at with that franchise.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
No solid rumor for the Jets. Looks like its all over the place after they interviewed Kingsbury yesterday and he signed with Arizona today.