NFL OWNERS admit they were PRESSURED BY TRUMP to PUNISH PLAYERS!!

Jul 2015
Florida
Why do people cave to this human piece of SHIT? MONEY WINS EVERY TIME? No one has any backbone any more?

MONEY 'TRUMPS' AMERICA!!

[FONT=&amp]NFL owners admit Trump pressured them into banning player protests
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]

TRAVIS GETTYS
24 MAY 2018 AT 09:03 ET
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]

U.S. President Donald Trump speaks at a campaign rally in Phoenix, Arizona, U.S., August 22, 2017. REUTERS/Joshua Roberts
DON'T MISS STORIES. FOLLOW RAW STORY!
[FONT=&amp]
President Donald Trump, in a rare display of modesty, refused to accept credit for a newly enacted ban on NFL player protests — but team owners admit he pressured them into the controversial policy.

Players will not be allowed to protest during the national anthem under the new policy, although they may remain in the locker room, after Trump and some fans complained about silent demonstrations against racism and police brutality.

“I think the people pushed this forward, this was not me,” Trump told “Fox & Friends” on Thursday morning. “I brought it out, I think the people pushed it forward. This country’s very smart, we have very smart people. That’s something (that) ideally could have been taken care after it first started, it would have been a lot easier, but if they did that, they’re doing the right thing.”

However, team officials admit they banned player protests to appease Trump, reported Sports Illustrated.

“Oh yeah,” said Green Bay Packers president Mark Murphy. “It was more how [Trump] might react, anticipating that. Also, how the fans will react, how the media will react. That’s what we tried to think through.”

“No matter what we did, [Trump] would probably try to get involved one way or the other — either criticizing us or taking credit for the change,” he added...

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/05/nfl-owners-admit-trump-pressured-banning-player-protests/

[/FONT]
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Reactions: 7 people
Sep 2017
Massachusetts
Why do people cave to this human piece of SHIT? MONEY WINS EVERY TIME? No one has any backbone any more?

MONEY 'TRUMPS' AMERICA!!

[FONT=&]NFL owners admit Trump pressured them into banning player protests
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]

TRAVIS GETTYS
24 MAY 2018 AT 09:03 ET
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]

U.S. President Donald Trump speaks at a campaign rally in Phoenix, Arizona, U.S., August 22, 2017. REUTERS/Joshua Roberts
DON'T MISS STORIES. FOLLOW RAW STORY!
[FONT=&]
President Donald Trump, in a rare display of modesty, refused to accept credit for a newly enacted ban on NFL player protests — but team owners admit he pressured them into the controversial policy.

Players will not be allowed to protest during the national anthem under the new policy, although they may remain in the locker room, after Trump and some fans complained about silent demonstrations against racism and police brutality.

“I think the people pushed this forward, this was not me,” Trump told “Fox & Friends” on Thursday morning. “I brought it out, I think the people pushed it forward. This country’s very smart, we have very smart people. That’s something (that) ideally could have been taken care after it first started, it would have been a lot easier, but if they did that, they’re doing the right thing.”

However, team officials admit they banned player protests to appease Trump, reported Sports Illustrated.

“Oh yeah,” said Green Bay Packers president Mark Murphy. “It was more how [Trump] might react, anticipating that. Also, how the fans will react, how the media will react. That’s what we tried to think through.”

“No matter what we did, [Trump] would probably try to get involved one way or the other — either criticizing us or taking credit for the change,” he added...

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/05/nfl-owners-admit-trump-pressured-banning-player-protests/

[/FONT]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
Can you imagine the scandal if it had ever come out that Barack Obama had urged employers to punish American workers who exercised their free speech rights in a way he found politically uncomfortable?

Reactions: 10 people
Jul 2015
Florida
Can you imagine the scandal if it had ever come out that Barack Obama had urged employers to punish American workers who exercised their free speech rights in a way he found politically uncomfortable?
OMG!! There would've been 4 investigatory panels set up immediately. COMMERCE and NATIONAL SECURITY (for subversion). House --just because they could. Senate--just because they could!

Reactions: 5 people

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
and this is why Trump isn't taking credit....
Spygate refers to an incident during the National Football League (NFL)'s 2007 season, when the New England Patriots were disciplined by the league for videotaping New York Jets' defensive coaches' signals from an unauthorized location during a September 9, 2007 game.
.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spygate_(NFL) By now, we all know how Trump operates. This is his new catch phrase. He's trying to insert it into the public dialogue as his latest attempt to undermine the Mueller probe. ON the south lawn yesterday he claimed "you're all saying 'spygate' ". No we aren't. He's saying it. And he'll continue to repeat it over and over again, repetitively, hoping that it becomes synonymous with the Mueller probe.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
and this is why Trump isn't taking credit.....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spygate_(NFL) By now, we all know how Trump operates. This is his new catch phrase. He's trying to insert it into the public dialogue as his latest attempt to undermine the Mueller probe. ON the south lawn yesterday he claimed "you're all saying 'spygat' ". No were aren't. He's saying it. And he'll continue to repeat it over and over again, repetitively, hoping that it becomes synonymous with the Mueller probe.
It works though, the news channels have graphics up "spygate." He eats it up and you can bet at his next rally it will be a big deal.

Reactions: 3 people
Sep 2006
Englewood, Fl
Now watch how many righties are outraged that the first amendment is being attacked. If it was the second amendment we'd be deluged with outrage but it's only the Hitler like freedom of speech thing so, if Trump wants it then that's okay. In fact, they probably like this shit and think it's just a super idea. Just watch how "patriotic" these gun lovers are.

Sep 2006
Englewood, Fl
and this is why Trump isn't taking credit.....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spygate_(NFL) By now, we all know how Trump operates. This is his new catch phrase. He's trying to insert it into the public dialogue as his latest attempt to undermine the Mueller probe. ON the south lawn yesterday he claimed "you're all saying 'spygate' ". No we aren't. He's saying it. And he'll continue to repeat it over and over again, repetitively, hoping that it becomes synonymous with the Mueller probe.
Yeah, that whole repetitive lies thing is a hallmark of every dictator. Trump must have studied Mien Kompf. Say it enough times and it becomes truth, no matter how outrageous the lie.

Jul 2015
Florida
and this is why Trump isn't taking credit.....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spygate_(NFL) By now, we all know how Trump operates. This is his new catch phrase. He's trying to insert it into the public dialogue as his latest attempt to undermine the Mueller probe. ON the south lawn yesterday he claimed "you're all saying 'spygate' ". No we aren't. He's saying it. And he'll continue to repeat it over and over again, repetitively, hoping that it becomes synonymous with the Mueller probe.
I think you have just cited with PROOF what I have suspected all along! TRUMP HAS NEVER HAD AN ORIGINAL IDEA IN HIS LIFE! I absolutely believe that.

Reactions: 1 person