Nikki: Confederate flag represented service and sacrifice

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Orangemanbad
Yeah, right. Where I grew up, it meant, "NO SIKHS NEED APPLY." (Or any foreign brown people.)

Let's get this straight: conservative confederate flag flying southerners didn't like Jews, Catholics, black people, or foreigners. I lived among them. I'm not lying. Many still do.

Jan 2019
southeast
Yeah, right. Where I grew up, it meant, "NO HINDUS NEED APPLY." (Or any foreign brown people.)

Let's get this straight: conservative southerners didn't like Jews, Catholics, black people, or foreigners. I lived among them. I'm not lying. Many still do.

That is true bullSHIT

• Haha
Reactions: BoiseBo and Luca

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Orangemanbad
That is true bullSHIT
You had a different experience in the south?

I remember conservative southerners talking about being "Jewed down" and calling anyone with a big nose and a northern accent a Jew.

I remember telling my Canadian dad, "Scott's dad is a barber and he says Jews call shampoo 'mush mush'" And my dad, who worked in textiles, often out of Manhattan, said, "Aw man, those people call anyone they don't understand a Jew."

Any outsider got the side eye. It was bad enough that my dad was Canadian.

Sep 2016
My own world
I don't give a shit what she thinks caused the confederate flag to be associated with white supremacy, for many it was associated with racists way before the shooting. It shouldn't be displayed anymore than the Nazi flag should be displayed.

Last edited:
Jan 2019
southeast
I don't give a shit what she thinks caused the confederate flag to be associated with white supremacy. For many it was way before the shooting. The fact is the flag is definitely associated with racists. and shouldn't be displayed anymore than the Nazi flag should be displayed.
To southerners it has no association to white supremacy or racism. Have you ever lived in th south, Eve, because if so they call it 'southern pride'. To be honest, most southerners I find in our world today are less racist than yankees

• Haha
Reactions: ATLglock

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Orangemanbad

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Orangemanbad
To southerners it has no association to white supremacy or racism.
Yeah right. I don't know how old you are, but I witnessed Confederate flag wavers yelling "N-word" out my school bus at black people walking alone on country roads. I broke up a fight between a black school mate and white redneck who was trying to kick his heel, because he said, "that's the only thing that can stop an n-word" (ignorant reference to Achilles). My 8th grade girlfriend couldn't go on an overnight field trip because her white dad wouldn't allow it if "n-words" were going. Shall I continue? Proud Confederates at Boy Scout camp called Swiss and British exchange student staffers, "fuckin' foreigners." The same "Scouts" hating "Yankees" when we went to the Jamboree in Pennsylvania. I couldn't bring my school friend to a church youth group roller skating party because the ultra religious southern rink owners had an illegal policy of "no blacks."

You've gotta be kidding.

Jan 2019
southeast
Yeah right. I don't know how old you are, but I witnessed Confederate flag wavers yelling "N-word" out my school bus and black people walking alone on country roads. I broke up a fight between a black school mate and white redneck who was trying to kick his heel, because he said, "that's the only thing that can stop an n-word" (ignorant reference to Achilles). My 8th grade girlfriend couldn't go on an overnight field trip because her white dad wouldn't allow it if "n-words" were going. Shall I continue?
How old am I. I am older than you and you may remember the past but in today's world (like I said), southerners are less racist than yanks