Nixon: Neurotic, Wife Beater, Drunk, Suicidal

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Wife beater? I did not know that, had never heard that before. Though I HAD heard that Richard Nixon had to see 'Deep Throat' four times before he got it down Pat.

Sorry. I can never resist that one. I'm a bad boy.
1953, Nixon beats his wife so badly, she goes into seclusion and then sees a divorce lawyer. 3xs more, others witness his violence against his wife.

Jan 2016
Colorado
1953, Nixon beats his wife so badly, she goes into seclusion and then sees a divorce lawyer. 3xs more, others witness his violence against his wife.
In 1953, the prevailing cultural zeitgeist was that it was no one else's business if a man beat his wife. I'd like to think America has evolved beyond that, but our President has shown an astonishing degree of toleration for having wife-beaters in his own administration.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
In 1953, the prevailing cultural zeitgeist was that it was no one else's business if a man beat his wife. I'd like to think America has evolved beyond that, but our President has shown an astonishing degree of toleration for having wife-beaters in his own administration.
The disturbing part of Nixon's domestic violence to me (among other parts) is his lifelong, insane worship of his mother.

The creepy vibe I get, listening to him talk about her, is extreme.

Something was seriously fucked up in that man's brain.

Jul 2013
On a happy trail
Wow. Watching the BBC documentary "The Secret World of Richard Nixon."

He actually looked at ringing the white house with U.S. military troops which would obey him and ignore the chain of command.

The Joint Chiefs took action to prevent this. Schlessinger bound the military to ignore orders from Nixon to fire nuclear weapons or to mobilize troops to D.C.

Etc.

Your thoughts?
Gramps used to babysit him when they lived next door and his one observation I most remember was of young master Nixon demanding he be given rides on Gramp's shoulders. He said even as a young child Nixon acted like some snot nosed over entitled rich kid which he certainly was not, at least not the rich part.

May 2010
This documentary posits that Nixon engaged in the dirty tricks of the 1972 campaign because he thought JFK had stolen the 1960 election, most notably by labor unions fixing precincts in California.

(Are my dates correct?)
Nixon won Califoirnia every time he ran for president. In 1960 it is thought he might have lost Illinois because of large-scale fraud in Chicago.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Nixon should have spent the rest of his life in prison.
Fuck Ford for pardoning him and setting the stage for Iran-Contra and the present criminal in the WH.

Let's not allow the same mistake to be made with Trump!