Nixon: Neurotic, Wife Beater, Drunk, Suicidal

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
Wow. Watching the BBC documentary "The Secret World of Richard Nixon."

He actually looked at ringing the white house with U.S. military troops which would obey him and ignore the chain of command.

The Joint Chiefs took action to prevent this. Schlessinger bound the military to ignore orders from Nixon to fire nuclear weapons or to mobilize troops to D.C.

Etc.

Your thoughts?
Nixon was certainly a flawed individual.

As for this particular documentary. I'll take everything with a grain of salt. The message will be whatever the producers of the piece want the message to be.

Not dismissing anything in particular. The film sounds interesting. Will put it on my "to do" list.

Jun 2014
United States

As for this particular documentary. I'll take everything with a grain of salt. The message will be whatever the producers of the piece want the message to be.

Not dismissing anything in particular. The film sounds interesting. Will put it on my "to do" list.

#MaybeNixon

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Is that on Netflix or Prime or something? Sounds interesting. (I'm a Nixon "fan.")
Sure you are!:) but at least Nixon did some good things before his trip into paranoia.

Trump has been delusional from the beginning . As one pundit put it,/ “Everything Trump touches turns to S***,”!

Mar 2015
Istanbul NOT Constantinople...

Prag, pretty much everything in this doc is easily verifiable. By the way where have u been, man?

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
Prag, pretty much everything in this doc is easily verifiable. By the way where have u been, man?
Left a question with you a few days ago and i think you ignored me.

Fantasy draft is tonight. What are the chances that Adrian Peterson rises up to be the primary big dog in the Redskins backfield....??!!

//

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Sure you are!:) but at least Nixon did some good things before his trip into paranoia.

Trump has been delusional from the beginning . As one pundit put it,/ “Everything Trump touches turns to S***,”!
What are these "good things", ? And how do they offset the deaths of 3 million Vietnamese and 50,000 Americans?

He was an evil fuckwhit.