No amount of Alcohol is good

Mar 2018
Florida
Yea I dunno about this. Whenever they interview all those people that made it to 100 or older, they ask "whats your secret?" They almost always say "booze." lol Betty White is known for her "shot of vodka a day keeps the doctor away."
My grandfather died 2 weeks before turning 100. He said his secret was shnaps and herring. I eat the herring.

Sparta

Former Staff
Aug 2006
Connecticut
Don't like what science tells you?

Wait a little while.

They often change their minds.

"A glass of red wine a day is beneficial"...remember that one?

Coffee, alcohol, whatever, there's a good chance they will "modify" their position...
These people don't have a clue. Nobody is as full of shit as a scientist telling you what's healthy/unhealthy.

Nov 2015
UK
Research is assuming that your ambition is to live forever and a day. I would prefer to go out with a heart attack before I end up in an old folks home soiling my underpants. My favourite tipple is Estrella lager from Barcelona. A few bottles a week goes down well.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Uh-oh! I'm in deep trouble! I eat eggs every week!!

Eggs are good for you. Fry them in old fashioned Lard! Eat up! So is bacon,sausage, all kinds of fat!

Haven't you heard about all those men and women losing 130 lbs. on the KETO diet? Just lay off the carbs! Uhoh, that might mean beer!

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
I don't know... In my homeland, Abkhazia, the perfect family meal is shashlyk (meat fried on open flame), pie, and homemade wine :D

In Abkhazia and in Georgia, lots of people farm grapes, and make and drink wine their whole existence, since childhood, and live long and happy lives

Dagestanis also grow grapes and love wine, even though they are Muslim lol

And Caucasus, again, enjoys the best longevity and overall health in all of Russia and all of ex-Soviet Union. No joke. It's all about the wine, folks :)

And the clean mountain air too, of course.

Yeah, Man, but those folks work! Sitting behind a desk does not work so well.

I do love black grapes, had a bunch for lunch.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Eggs are good for you. Fry them in old fashioned Lard! Eat up! So is bacon,sausage, all kinds of fat!

Haven't you heard about all those men and women losing 130 lbs. on the KETO diet? Just lay off the carbs! Uhoh, that might mean beer!
I haven't had a beer since I was about 30, and that was more than 30 years ago! But I love my lumberjack breakfasts, and those have a LOT of bacon, ham, sausage, and eggs! And hash browns, toast, and pancakes!