No amount of Alcohol is good

Jul 2018
North Carolina
Eggs are good for you. Fry them in old fashioned Lard! Eat up! So is bacon,sausage, all kinds of fat!

Haven't you heard about all those men and women losing 130 lbs. on the KETO diet? Just lay off the carbs! Uhoh, that might mean beer![/QUOTE]

I haven't had a beer since I was about 30, and that was more than 30 years ago! But I love my lumberjack breakfasts, and those have a LOT of bacon, ham, sausage, and eggs! And hash browns, toast, and pancakes!
@MaryAnne This KETO diet thing has got to be flawed o_O;)
@BigLeRoy I'm right there with ya. You just described my normal Saturday breakfast meal. :cool:

Last edited:
Jul 2018
North Carolina
My grandfather died 2 weeks before turning 100. He said his secret was shnaps and herring. I eat the herring.
I don't know about long life, but the German peppermint schnapps I "sampled" a "few times" sure seemed to help me "speak" better German. ;)

Seriously though, I have read from a couple different sources that drinking alcohol improves ones ability to speak a foreign language, albeit in low doses.
It's True: Alcohol Helps You Speak a Foreign Language Better
Can drinking make you a better foreign language speaker?

Jul 2018
North Carolina
These people don't have a clue. Nobody is as full of shit as a scientist telling you what's healthy/unhealthy.
Concerning this one particular discussion about alcohol, they definitely seem to really contradict the heck out of each other agreed.

Jul 2018
North Carolina
Research is assuming that your ambition is to live forever and a day. I would prefer to go out with a heart attack before I end up in an old folks home soiling my underpants. My favourite tipple is Estrella lager from Barcelona. A few bottles a week goes down well.
I think your going with living the life to the fullest philosophy. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

If I can get that beer here in the States, I will try me some Estrella lager from Barcelona. I will try any beer once. LOL.