No amount of Alcohol is good

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
These kinds of studies ignore the social, relational and mental health aspects.

I go to a local bar where moderate drinking is part of the social glue of the place.

The laughs, sharing stories, catching up, a little keno, play some music on the touch tunes, a brilliant barmaid who knows how to mine for tips with community stimuli.

Take away the alcohol and none of it happens. Nobody gets bombed cuz everybody looks out for each other.

Take the bar away and watch the consequences. Not good. I'd rather enjoy my life that worry about some lamebrain study.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
These kinds of studies ignore the social, relational and mental health aspects.

I go to a local bar where moderate drinking is part of the social glue of the place.

The laughs, sharing stories, catching up, a little keno, play some music on the touch tunes, a brilliant barmaid who knows how to mine for tips with community stimuli.

Take away the alcohol and none of it happens. Nobody gets bombed cuz everybody looks out for each other.

Take the bar away and watch the consequences. Not good. I'd rather enjoy my life that worry about some lamebrain study.
Well said. Well said.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
I just started that last night on Netflix. (The Twilight Zone)
Netflix has season 1-3 and 5, but not season 4. For the latter, you need to go to Hulu, which is what I'm on now ... may or may not switch back for season 5, doesn't really matter.