No lefties cheering the 4.1% growth rate...

Aug 2012
I guess it doesn't fit the "austerity failing" narrative associated with the sequester/gov't shutdown. If they can't use if for their political purposes it doesn't exist. But here's the deal - it likely isn't real:

The boost was driven by significant increases in the estimates of consumer and business spending. Business spending rose at a 4.8 percent rate, well above the 3.5 percent estimate given two weeks ago. Consumer spending, meanwhile, rose by 2 percent instead of 1.4 percent.

Economy jumped 4.1 percent in third quarter | TheHill

So now even the "final revisions" are being driven completely by fake data. Oh, and don't forget to enjoy the decline...

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
I guess it doesn't fit the "austerity failing" narrative associated with the sequester/gov't shutdown. If they can't use if for their political purposes it doesn't exist. But here's the deal - it likely isn't real:

The boost was driven by significant increases in the estimates of consumer and business spending. Business spending rose at a 4.8 percent rate, well above the 3.5 percent estimate given two weeks ago. Consumer spending, meanwhile, rose by 2 percent instead of 1.4 percent.

So now even the "final revisions" are being driven completely by fake data. Oh, and don't forget to enjoy the decline...
:smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1 person
Aug 2012
:smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO:
That chorus of ROFLMAOing smileys seems to follow you everywhere you go, Hollywood. Maybe if you made an effort to understand the issues and debate in an intellectual fashion once in a while, you could shake 'em. But I'm not holding my breath...

Jan 2008
Vertiform City
That chorus of ROFLMAOing smileys seems to follow you everywhere you go, Hollywood. Maybe if you made an effort to understand the issues and debate in an intellectual fashion once in a while, you could shake 'em. But I'm not holding my breath...
Wow, is that a verb now?

"To ROFLMAO" - to roll around on the floor laughing?

Kinda like, "to google"? :f_laugh:

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10

Did you forget to take out the 3% imaginary growth this country adds?

Sep 2013
On a hill

From your link:

The last time the economy grew as quickly was in the 4th quarter of 2011, when the growth rate was 4.9 percent. It is the second-best quarter since the end of the 2008-09 recession.

The White House has been touting economic growth under President Obama, and the report gives it something more to shout about ahead of the midterm elections next year.
Does this mean you finally are ready to admit that Obama is doing a credible job after all?

Jan 2008
Vertiform City
Does this mean you finally are ready to admit that Obama is doing a credible job after all?
ROFL!!!

You used "Obama" and "credible" in the same sentence! :smiley_ROFLMAO:

"You can keep your insurance plan if you like it".

"We have no evidence at this point that terrorism was involved".

"We will not interfere with the State laws about medical marijuana".

Obama is a liar, plain and simple. :mad:

He's a chronic, habitual liar who's deluded himself into believing that he's getting away with it.

Reactions: 3 people