NO ONE's ABOVE the Law: Rapid fire response if TRUMP fires Mueller (see map & join)

Jul 2015
Florida
I heard about this a couple of days ago. I know we have people here that were planning on descending on DC with or without an organized 'invitation'. Apparently, they're organizing city events around the country.,.

National
Trump’s opponents plan demonstrations if Mueller is fired

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, second from left, leaves after a closed meeting with members of the Senate Judiciary Committee in June. (Alex Wong/Getty Images)
By Tim Craig December 24 at 5:31 PM

Progressive groups are organizing tens of thousands of protesters to storm the streets within hours should President Trump fire special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, determined to intensify the crisis while testing the resiliency of the year-old “resistance” movement.

The White House has repeatedly stated that Trump has no intention of ousting Mueller, a move that probably would require him to get buy-in from Justice Department leaders, including Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein.

But activists on the left remain wary of Trump’s intentions, saying they fear he could act, perhaps even over the Christmas holidays when Congress...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/trumps-opponents-plan-demonstrations-if-mueller-is-fired/2017/12/24/54c19b04-e73d-11e7-ab50-621fe0588340_story.html?utm_term=.0fad34895b41

https://act.moveon.org/event/mueller-firing-rapid-response-events/search/

Reactions: 2 people
Nov 2014
North Carolina
These progressive groups desperately need something better to do with their time than organize protests to protest against something that isn't - and likely never is - going to happen...

Jul 2015
Florida
These progressive groups desperately need something better to do with their time than organize protests to protest against something that isn't - and likely never is - going to happen...
Didn't your momma teach you to be PREPARED? How about the Boy Scouts?

Reactions: 1 person
Nov 2014
North Carolina
Didn't your momma teach you to be PREPARED? How about the Boy Scouts?
There is a big difference in being prepared and then being a paranoid nut job obsessing over a politician and every move he doesn't make.

The President and his staff have said over and over again he is not going to fire Mueller. So it just makes them look like idiots getting so worked up over this.

Last edited:
Jul 2015
Florida
There is a big difference in being prepared and then being a paranoid nut job obsessing over a politician and every move he doesn't make.

The President and his staff have said over and over again he is not going to fire Mueller. So it just makes them look like idiots getting so worked up over this.
Yeah, sure, it's just PROGRESSIVES 'paranoid' that Trump will fire Mueller. You do know who Christoper Ruddy is don't you?

This is one of HUNDREDS of articles of commentary...

If Trump fires Mueller, 'political disaster and constitutional crisis'
https://www.cnbc.com/.../if-trump-fires-mueller-political-disaster-and-constitutional-cr...
If Trump fires Mueller, 'political disaster and constitutional crisis'. 6:00 AM ET Tue, 19 Dec 2017. CNBC's John Harwood sits down with Senate Intelligence Vice-Chair Mark Warner to discuss his view that Trump dossier hasn't been disproven and the president's business dealings represent a key Mueller target.

This is several months old, it's look more prescient by the day...
Column
If President Trump fires Robert Mueller, we're headed for a constitutional crisis

REAL CLEAR POLITICS
Doyle McManus

President Trump has openly declared war on Robert Mueller, the special counsel investigating the Russian saga. The president clearly wishes he could fire Mueller; his associates say he’s mused about that for weeks. Now, by stepping up the pressure, he’s moving toward a showdown, and a possible constitutional crisis.

There’s plenty of other craziness billowing from the White House: lawyers considering whether the president can pardon himself, the president publicly denouncing his attorney general for failing to protect him. But the clearest portent of a crisis is the president’s increasingly evident desire to be rid of the meddlesome prosecutor, who appears to be doing his job too well.

The trigger: Mueller’s investigators have reportedly begun looking for evidence of Trump family business deals with Russians — deals the president says never existed.
Watergate analogies have been too casually invoked over the last six months, but they’re looking more relevant by the day.

Last edited:
Nov 2014
North Carolina
Yeah, sure, it's just PROGRESSIVES 'paranoid' that Trump will fire Mueller. You do know who Christoper Ruddy is don't you?

This is one of HUNDREDS of articles of commentary...

If Trump fires Mueller, 'political disaster and constitutional crisis'
https://www.cnbc.com/.../if-trump-fires-mueller-political-disaster-and-constitutional-cr...
If Trump fires Mueller, 'political disaster and constitutional crisis'. 6:00 AM ET Tue, 19 Dec 2017. CNBC's John Harwood sits down with Senate Intelligence Vice-Chair Mark Warner to discuss his view that Trump dossier hasn't been disproven and the president's business dealings represent a key Mueller target.

This is several months old, it's look more prescient by the day...
Column
If President Trump fires Robert Mueller, we're headed for a constitutional crisis

REAL CLEAR POLITICS
Doyle McManus

President Trump has openly declared war on Robert Mueller, the special counsel investigating the Russian saga. The president clearly wishes he could fire Mueller; his associates say he’s mused about that for weeks. Now, by stepping up the pressure, he’s moving toward a showdown, and a possible constitutional crisis.

There’s plenty of other craziness billowing from the White House: lawyers considering whether the president can pardon himself, the president publicly denouncing his attorney general for failing to protect him. But the clearest portent of a crisis is the president’s increasingly evident desire to be rid of the meddlesome prosecutor, who appears to be doing his job too well.

The trigger: Mueller’s investigators have reportedly begun looking for evidence of Trump family business deals with Russians — deals the president says never existed.
Watergate analogies have been too casually invoked over the last six months, but they’re looking more relevant by the day.
If your intent was to prove me wrong with this response I'm sorry to say it has actually done the opposite and just convinced me even more just how paranoid and silly these so-called progressives really are.

Considering Mueller has been doing this investigation since May and the President has yet to fire him - in fact the President has done the opposite while saying over and over again he isn't going to fire him and thus far hasn't - this is one of the more ridiculous things I've seen his critics get into a panic over.

They should at least find real things to get upset about instead of imagining them. I don't think that is too much to ask.

Last edited:
Jul 2015
Florida
If your intent was to prove me wrong with this response I'm sorry to say it has actually done the opposite and just convinced me even more just how paranoid and silly these so-called progressives really are.

Considering Mueller has been doing this investigation since May and the President has yet to fire him - in fact the President has done the opposite while saying over and over again he isn't going to fire him and thus far hasn't - this is one of the more ridiculous things I've seen his critics get into a panic over.

They should at least find real things to get upset about instead of imagining them. I don't think that is too much to ask.
Silly is in the eye of the beholder(s). But then we 'silly folk' NOR YOU are Constitutional scholars and many of them, say if Trump does, we will have a Constitutional crisis. Take it up with them. There are MANY.

Last edited:
Nov 2014
North Carolina
Silly is in the eye of the beholder(s). But then we 'silly folk' NOR YOU are Constitutional scholars and many of them, say if does, we will have a Constitutional crisis. Take it up with them. There are MANY.
But the President hasn't fired Mueller and says he isn't going to fire Mueller.

If the President were to declare martial law and start directing the military to slaughter everyone that would create a crisis as well. But I'm not going to freak out over something he hasn't done yet and says he has no intention of doing. What would be the point of that?

Last edited:
Jul 2015
Florida
But the President hasn't fired Mueller and says he isn't going to fire Mueller.

If the President were to declare martial law and start directing the military to slaughter everyone that would create a crisis as well. But I'm not going to freak out over something he hasn't done yet and says he has no intention of doing. What would be the point of that?
You are just toooo fucking funny! Trump always keeps his word, right?

Nov 2014
North Carolina
You are just toooo fucking funny! Trump always keeps his word, right?
If anything is just toooooo fucking funny! it's freaking out over something that hasn't even happened.

It's getting more and more difficult for me take progressives seriously - and shit like this isn't helping. Whether Trump keeps his word or not isn't the point. The point is to wait until he actually does break his word before going nuts. Otherwise they just look like fools freaking out over literally nothing.

Last edited: