No SCOTUS will ever decide that congressional subpoenas can be ignored.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Indictment is done by the lower house (congress) and trial by the upper house (senate). Isn't that how impeachment in the us is done?
The "lower house" is called the House of Representatives. The term "Congress" applies to both the House and the Senate together.

But yes, impeachment by the House and trial in the Senate is how it is done.

Reactions: KnotaFrayed
Oct 2013
USA
Neither one is flame baiting. Lefties are saying stupid things because it sounds good to them, they all follow one another repeating absurdities to get acceptance to their group. The absurdity in question this time is to fix America. So what's broke? Is it the economy? Is it race divide? So back up this mouth frothing statement, what is broke about America that needs fixed?

I'll tell you one thing that's broke in America and the UK, the left have gone full tilt.
Uh huh. Sure. Nevermind that Trump is destroying our country and his supporters are ignoring it.

Jan 2007
Irrelevant
The "lower house" is called the House of Representatives. The term "Congress" applies to both the House and the Senate together.

But yes, impeachment by the House and trial in the Senate is how it is done.
My point -- it is not the supreme court who would preside over an impeachment of the president. It is congress.

Oh, and, in my country, the house of representatives is colloquially called 'congress'. Sorry for the slip.

Last edited:

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
My point -- it is not the supreme court who would preside over an impeachment of the president. It is congress.
More accurately, the House impeaches, and the Senate tries the impeachment. When the president is impeached, the Chief Justice presides (though he of course has no vote). Thus, the Senate trial would be conducted by CJ John Roberts. But you are correct that the Supreme Court as an institution is utterly uninvolved.

Reactions: KnotaFrayed