No Social Media: 1 Year

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
Technology is a dependency. But there is a massive difference between needing power to stay alive and needing a smartphone.
I always wonder what would we do if our power grid was attacked & unable to function for more than a couple of days. It's a really scary thought.

Reactions: johnflesh

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Technology is a dependency. But there is a massive difference between needing power to stay alive and needing a smartphone.
Not everyone needs (or wants) a smartphone, and I know a couple people who do not have one. Some do need one. Of course, it is true that it is rarely a need on the same level as needing your medical technology to keep breathing.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Weirdo
Not everyone needs (or wants) a smartphone, and I know a couple people who do not have one. Some do need one. Of course, it is true that it is rarely a need on the same level as needing your medical technology to keep breathing.
I'm talking about those who believe they need it Ian.

CtC

Mar 2019
California
This is not a challenge this is a discussion of a challenge.

Challenge: No social media (that includes Political Hotwure) for one full year.

- No posting on social media. Twitter, Facebook, Forums, SnapChat, etc.
- No reading social media.
- If you get news that includes social media, you source and read the news but skip over any instances of social media that is included.

Do you think you could do it?
Yes. Already did it. For 2 years. It was the day after Roberts betrayed the country and allowed Obamacare. Stayed off for 2 years.

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida

- If you get news that includes social media, you source and read the news but skip over any instances of social media that is included.

Yes. I’m pretty sure I can do other things with my time :)

Nicnam

Former Staff
Dec 2013
-

I think I could do it, might not be fun but that's why it would be a challenge. :)