No, Trump is NOT responsible for YOUR violence

Aug 2016
CA
So I take it you were outraged at that dude wearing a MAGA hat who assaulted a news cameraman at the trump rally in San Antonio, right? Care to point to the posts where you expressed disapproval?
If you don't see anything wrong with attacking someone because of a hat they wear, you have a problem that I can't fix. Take it up with your anger management counselor.

Reactions: Rev. Hellh0und
Nov 2018
Maryland
The truth is as adults we are responsible for our own actions. Obama made a lot of remarks that could have caused Americans to fake hate crimes, or start beating up his followers, but that didn't happen, or rarely happened.

When someone blames someone else for their own actions, they are not taking responsibility and they are making excuses for their own actions.

Trump is not responsible for what his supporters or haters do. And, even though I disagree with Bernie Sanders most of the time, Bernie is not responsible for the shooter in VA, who was one of his supporters.

Blaming others is a cop out.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
If you use your public status to repeatedly tell people that (for example) Mexicans are rapists, countries from Africa are "shitholes," and that women deserve to be "grabbed by the pussy," you are NORMALIZING these views. You are not only telling people that these views are normal - but you're affirming the right of people to ACT on these views.

Nov 2016
USA
If you don't see anything wrong with attacking someone because of a hat they wear, you have a problem that I can't fix. Take it up with your anger management counselor.
I never said anything of the kind. Where did you get that hairbrained idea? In any case, I see you just deflected.

And FWIW, I think the assailant is nuts and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Can you say the same about the MAGA hat wearing assailant of a news cameraman?

Reactions: Friday13

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Weirdo
So in another thread I noticed that there actual members excusing an act of petulant childish rage because of a MAGA hat. Their excuse? Donald Trump caused the hate. I’m sorry. No. If you take a swipe at someone? That is on YOU. If you are an ADULT there is absolutely 0 excuse to resort to violence on someone who has not engaged in it themselves.

A smug look? An asinine comment? No. I could call your wife names ALL day long, but if you decide to resort to violence FIRST? YOU are in the wrong. Period. You made the action. And if that person is some kind of piece of shit KKK lover? All you do is justify their behavior to them. You only create a martyr.

When did people lose their collective shit and decide that acting like a mother fucking grown up was unacceptable behavior and that acting like a god damn child was ok? Are you fucking KIDDING ME?
Nope, they aren't kidding you. This is us now. This is our collective culture. IMO it will pass and people will snap out of it, but Trump needs to go. If it continues then they can't blame Trump anymore.

Reactions: HCProf
Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF
Thread Derailing
So in another thread I noticed that there actual members excusing an act of petulant childish rage because of a MAGA hat. Their excuse? Donald Trump caused the hate. I’m sorry. No. If you take a swipe at someone? That is on YOU. If you are an ADULT there is absolutely 0 excuse to resort to violence on someone who has not engaged in it themselves.

A smug look? An asinine comment? No. I could call your wife names ALL day long, but if you decide to resort to violence FIRST? YOU are in the wrong. Period. You made the action. And if that person is some kind of piece of shit KKK lover? All you do is justify their behavior to them. You only create a martyr.

When did people lose their collective shit and decide that acting like a mother fucking grown up was unacceptable behavior and that acting like a god damn child was ok? Are you fucking KIDDING ME?
#trumpculttriggered

Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF
The lberals are off their rockers There is NO reason to put your hands on someone else based on a political belief, a piece of clothing, etc! You can't punch a child in the face because he's smilig and wearing a hat you don't lie, as some of the posters here expressed recently. We don't see people wearing pxxxy hats or vagina costumes being assaulted by conservtives. It's unreasonable for people to blame a president for actions from someone who opposes their political stance.
#trumpculttriggered

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Weirdo
If you use your public status to repeatedly tell people that (for example) Mexicans are rapists, countries from Africa are "shitholes," and that women deserve to be "grabbed by the pussy," you are NORMALIZING these views. You are not only telling people that these views are normal - but you're affirming the right of people to ACT on these views.
I agree and disagree.

If Trump enables that behavior then he also enables the opposite. So at that point its about measuring pricks to see who is the biggest.

At what point do we take responsibility for our actions and stop passing the buck to Trump? For such a lowly piece of human filth, he sure gets an awful lot of credit.

Dec 2018
Florida
Nope, they aren't kidding you. This is us now. This is our collective culture. IMO it will pass and people will snap out of it, but Trump needs to go. If it continues then they can't blame Trump anymore.
I wish I could agree, but this same insanity was happening during the Bush admin. And it went through Obama. Go figure the internet MSM and social media really got rolling then. I heard Collin Noir comment on it actually. Was nice to hear someone else say it. Outrage for the sake of ad revenue.

Reactions: johnflesh