Noah's Ark was a scientific impossibility.

Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
As many of you already know, I'm Puzzling Evidence AND YOU'RE NOT.

The 'evidence' here is puzzling, indeed.

Forty days and forty nights of rain would have to add 29,029' feet (earth's highest peak, Mount Chimborazo) of water to the earth. Every foot of water would expand the surface area of the earth necessitating even more water and increasing the amount needed to flood it.

The surface of the earth is roughly 200 million square miles or 1,056,000,000,000 square feet. One foot of water would be 1,056,000,000,000 square feet of water. Multiply this by 29,000 and you get 30,624,000,000,000,000 square feet or 1,100,000,000 square miles of water needed to flood the earth! (This does not increase the surface area of water needed, one of you geometry nuts can have at it, though.)

Sparing you the math, this would require a rain with the density and velocity of an entire sky filled with firehoses shooting water at the earth non-stop. This would have pounded the Ark into splinters.

So where did this much water come from? One of the most common 'theories' I have heard is that there was an entire sea of water somehow just floating above the earth. *If this did exist, it would have blotted out sunlight entirely, causing a nuclear winter and turning our earth into a giant snowball (this happened before).

*This is based on how much light penetrates our oceans. By the depth of 500 feet, even in very clear water, there is next to no light.

Another popular hypothesis (none of this is theory as a theory can actually be tested) is that water was stored underground and shot up, but how? That much water would have left a crater even deeper than 29,000 feet. The entire crust of our earth would have collapsed with that much hollow space. Where did the water go after the flood? It could not have shot into outer space as demonstrated mathematically by Youtube scientist Phil Mason (thunderf00t) as it could not have ever reached proper escape velocity.

Sorry, this 'event' never happened. If you feel that I am incorrect in my synopsis, please correct my internet dumbassery.

Thank you!

P.S. my apologies to Jesus for calling him a liar, but it was necessary in order to better educate humans who make my food at McDonald's and surgically repair important parts of my body.

66% of the world believes in Noah's Ark. :oops:

Last edited:
Jul 2019
Atlanta

Forty days and forty nights of rain would have to add 29,029' feet (earth's highest peak, Mount Chimborazo) of water to the earth. Every foot of water would expand the surface area of the earth necessitating even more water and increasing the amount needed to flood it.

Sparing you the math, this would require a rain with the density and velocity of an entire sky filled with firehoses shooting water at the earth non-stop. This would have pounded the Ark into splinters.

So where did this much water come from? One of the most common 'theories' I have heard is that there was an entire sea of water somehow just floating above the earth. *If this did exist, it would have blotted out sunlight entirely, causing a nuclear winter and turning our earth into a giant snowball (this happened before).

*This is based on how much light penetrates our oceans. By the depth of 500 feet, even in very clear water, there is next to no light.

Another popular hypothesis is that water was stored underground and shot up, but how? That much water would have left a crater even deeper than 29,000 feet. The entire crust of our earth would have collapsed with that much hollow space. Where did the water go after the flood? It could not have shot into outer space as demonstrated mathematically by Youtube scientist Phil Mason (thunderf00t) as it could not have ever reached proper escape velocity.

Sorry, this 'event' never happened. If you feel that I am incorrect in my synopsis, please correct my internet dumbassery.

Thank you!

P.S. my apologies to Jesus for calling him a liar, but it was necessary in order to better educate humans who make my food at McDonald's and surgically repair important parts of my body.

The Bible stories up thru Joshua are fiction.. They are morality tales.

Jun 2014
United States
Noah's Ark was a scientific impossibility.

Miracles don't have to be scientifically possible. As a matter of fact, being scientifically impossible pretty much defines a miracle.

Blues63

Dec 2014
Tatooine
There is no scientific evidence for the flood, or the existence of the Ark.

If the myth has a grain of truth, it records a localised event in Mesopotamia (cf. The Epic of Gilgamesh), however, science disproves the notion of a global flood ( see Aron Ra's excellent Youtube series on the subject, which I have posted on numerous occasions).

Jul 2016
Florida

The surface of the earth is roughly 200 million square miles or 1,056,000,000,000 square feet. One foot of water would be 1,056,000,000,000 square feet of water. Multiply this by 29,000 and you get 30,624,000,000,000,000 square feet or 1,100,000,000 square miles of water needed to flood the earth! (This does not increase the surface area of water needed, one of you geometry nuts can have at it, though.)

Another popular hypothesis (none of this is theory as a theory can actually be tested) is that water was stored underground and shot up, but how? That much water would have left a crater even deeper than 29,000 feet. The entire crust of our earth would have collapsed with that much hollow space. Where did the water go after the flood? It could not have shot into outer space as demonstrated mathematically by Youtube scientist Phil Mason (thunderf00t) as it could not have ever reached proper escape velocity.

Thank you!

We need a thread entitled “No Shit” for stuff like this.