Noam Chomsky: Democrats just handed Trump another election

May 2012
By the wall
From one of the leaders on the left, he tells it like it is.

We told you guys not to put all your eggs in this basket but you did and now you will pay the price for that.

Sure you think there still might be a chance of getting something on Trump but you have to realize that the longer you keep that up, the more electoral votes Trump will get.

Noam Chomsky, the noted progressive scholar, believes Democrats have focused far too much on Russia. And he thinks it might earn them four more years of President Donald Trump.

Speaking at a forum in Boston with Amy Goodman, Chomsky stated his view that he always believed there was going to be little to no proof of collusion in the Mueller Report.

“[T]he Democrats are helping him,” Chomsky said. “They are. Take the focus on Russia-gate. What’s that all about? I mean, it was pretty obvious at the beginning that you’re not going to find anything very serious about Russian interference in elections.”

He added, “As far as Trump collusion with the Russians, that was never going to amount to anything more than minor corruption, maybe building a Trump hotel in Red Square or something like that, but nothing of any significance.”

Chomsky went on to say that he believes focusing too heavily on Russia may cost Democrats dearly next November.

“The Democrats invested everything in this issue,” Chomsky said. “Well, turned out there was nothing much there. They gave Trump a huge gift. In fact, they may have handed him the next election. … That’s a matter of being so unwilling to deal with fundamental issues, that they’re looking for something on the side that will somehow give political success.”
Noam Chomsky Calls Dem Focus on Russia a ‘Huge Gift’ to Trump: ‘They May Have Handed Him the Next Election’

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
I guess Norm does not realize that very few candidates running for POTUS do not bring up the Mueller investigation unless is makes headlines. (like in the last couple of days)

May 2012
By the wall
I guess Norm does not realize that very few candidates running for POTUS do not bring up the Mueller investigation unless is makes headlines. (like in the last couple of days)
Doesn't matter how many current candidates bring it up since the democrats have been doing it non-stop for the last two years.

It's now attached to all of you like a stink you can't wash off.

And you still aren't relenting, you are still pushing the narrative that there is something there when there isn't and not listening to your wise elders like Chomsky.

But that is a good thing.

Thank you for 4 more years.

Keep it up!

Nov 2014
North Carolina
From one of the leaders on the left, he tells it like it is.

We told you guys not to put all your eggs in this basket but you did and now you will pay the price for that.

Sure you think there still might be a chance of getting something on Trump but you have to realize that the longer you keep that up, the more electoral votes Trump will get.

Noam Chomsky Calls Dem Focus on Russia a ‘Huge Gift’ to Trump: ‘They May Have Handed Him the Next Election’
I'd say it depends.

If they continue to obsess over this ridiculous Russian bullshit then yes - it will cost them the election. But not all democrats are that stupid. Sanders for example has already acknowledged if they spend all their time talking about Trump they are going to lose. So some of them at least realize how stupid that is.

Since Trump had the balls to defy those corrupt and corporate-owned hacks in congress and started to build the border wall without them he's a formidable opponent again and the democrats are going to have their work cut out for them to beat them. The only issue the democrats have right now that I believe has a shot at defeating Trump is healthcare. So if they nominate a candidate who is effective on the issue of a singe payer universal healthcare system I believe they can still be competitive. But if they nominate some corporate-owned status quo establishment politician like another Mrs. Clinton who thinks they can ride into the presidency by insulting Trump and babbling platitudes they are toast.

May 2012
By the wall
I'd say it depends.

If they continue to obsess over this ridiculous Russian bullshit then yes - it will cost them the election. But not all democrats are that stupid. Sanders for example has already acknowledged if they spend all their time talking about Trump they are going to lose. So some of them at least realize how stupid that is.

Since Trump had the balls to defy those corrupt and corporate-owned hacks in congress and started to build the border wall without them he's a formidable opponent again and the democrats are going to have their work cut out for them to beat them. The only issue the democrats have right now that I believe has a shot at defeating Trump is healthcare. So if they nominate a candidate who is effective on the issue of a singe payer universal healthcare system I believe they can still be competitive. But if they nominate some corporate-owned status quo establishment politician like another Mrs. Clinton who thinks they can ride into the presidency by insulting Trump they are toast.
You really believe they are going to wise up and fight on an issue though?

Their hate for Trump is just insane at this point.

While I could see them winning on that, especially given the republicans utter failure on that point, I don't see them doing it.

This forum itself is a microcosm of the public at large and all you hear about is Trump, Trump, Trump and how evil he is.

You don't see the liberals here actually debating issues.

I have often criticized Chomsky but it turns out he is actually a very intelligent man which I can appreciate even though I don't share his politics.

I would fear him running for office that is for sure.

Nov 2014
North Carolina
You really believe they are going to wise up and fight on an issue though?

Their hate for Trump is just insane at this point.

While I could see them winning on that, especially given the republicans utter failure on that point, I don't see them doing it.

This forum itself is a microcosm of the public at large and all you hear about is Trump, Trump, Trump and how evil he is.

You don't see the liberals here actually debating issues.

I have often criticized Chomsky but it turns out he is actually a very intelligent man which I can appreciate even though I don't share his politics.

I would fear him running for office that is for sure.
I believe certain ones are capable of it. Not all democrats are Trump-Deranged idiots - though to your point many of them are. And if they nominate someone like that - who thinks babbling about Trump is the way to the White House - then Chomsky is right and they are destined to lose.

But candidates like Sanders, Yang etc.- candidates who are actually running on actual policy agendas - can still be competitive I believe. But this Russian garbage is over and a loser for anyone who still clings to that ridiculous bullshit as a campaign strategy. Trump is not a weak candidate at this point. IN fact he's very formidable having kept most of his promises and performed beyond the expectations of many of the people who voted for him. So it's going to require an actual policy agenda people want to see for the country to beat him. And even then it's going to a tough fight.

May 2012
By the wall
I believe certain ones are capable of it. Not all democrats are Trump-Deranged idiots - though to your point many of them are. And if they nominate someone like that - who thinks babbling about Trump is the way to the White House - then Chomsky is right and they are destined to lose.

But candidates like Sanders, Yang etc.- candidates who are actually running on actual policy agendas - can still be competitive I believe. But this Russian garbage is over and a loser for anyone who still clings to that ridiculous bullshit as a campaign strategy. Trump is not a weak candidate at this point. IN fact he's very formidable having kept most of his promises and performed beyond the expectations of many of the people who voted for him. So it's going to require an actual policy agenda people want to see for the country to beat him. And even then it's going to a tough fight.
Yeah, Sanders is a bit worrying I have to admit.

With Biden out he is now the top dog according to polling.