Noam Chomsky: Democrats just handed Trump another election

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
One of the rare times I agree with Noam Chomsky.

The democrats have put two years of effort in nothing but obstruction and impeachment.

Now that this has fallen flat; the democrats should resign and start focusing the energy on the next election.

They need :

- a leader, someone who will draw moderates away from Trump, which means to indoor the message... Something that can't be done because the extreme end has grown so extreme that they are no longer interested in moderates

- a plan, both in the sense of how to approach the election and a plan that will be perceived as superior to Trump

- a vision, having spent two years on opposition the vision presented is an anti-vision, this is a losing prospect every time.

Nov 2014
North Carolina
One of the rare times I agree with Noam Chomsky.

The democrats have put two years of effort in nothing but obstruction and impeachment.

Now that this has fallen flat; the democrats should resign and start focusing the energy on the next election.

They need :

- a leader, someone who will draw moderates away from Trump, which means to indoor the message... Something that can't be done because the extreme end has grown so extreme that they are no longer interested in moderates

- a plan, both in the sense of how to approach the election and a plan that will be perceived as superior to Trump

- a vision, having spent two years on opposition the vision presented is an anti-vision, this is a losing prospect every time.
I agree with most of what you say. They are going to need a plan or a policy agenda that appeals to a broad range of America to have any hope of defeating Trump. Because if they actually think they are going to ride into the presidency based on the failures of their attempt to prove Trump a traitor they are going to be sorely disappointed with those results. Utterly stupid politicians like Warren who are calling for impeachment over this are signing their own political death warrant. The smart ones will move on and come up with policy prescriptions for the nation's ills.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
I agree with most of what you say. They are going to need a plan or a policy agenda that appeals to a broad range of America to have any hope of defeating Trump. Because if they actually think they are going to ride into the presidency based on the failures of their attempt to prove Trump a traitor they are going to be sorely disappointed with those results. Utterly stupid politicians like Warren who are calling for impeachment over this are signing their own political death warrant. The smart ones will move on and come up with policy prescriptions for the nation's ills.
That's in line with what I wa getting at, they need something that will be an alternative vision as opposed to just going against Trump.

Sep 2007
N48 51.489 E2 17.67119
From one of the leaders on the left, he tells it like it is.

We told you guys not to put all your eggs in this basket but you did and now you will pay the price for that.
I
Sure you think there still might be a chance of getting something on Trump but you have to realize that the longer you keep that up, the more electoral votes Trump will get.

Noam Chomsky Calls Dem Focus on Russia a ‘Huge Gift’ to Trump: ‘They May Have Handed Him the Next Election’
Is this the 4th or 5th term you got Trump in for now?

Sep 2007
N48 51.489 E2 17.67119
I don't understand what you are trying to say.
All of your ilk keep saying Trump has the election in the bag. It's got to be 4-5 terms you've got him in for now. He's so popular he's going to be President at least until 2032, according to Trumpwads anyway.

May 2012
By the wall
All of your ilk keep saying Trump has the election in the bag. It's got to be 4-5 terms you've got him in for now. He's so popular he's going to be President at least until 2032, according to Trumpwads anyway.
He doesn't have it in the bag but it's looking unlikely that the left will unseat him.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
He doesn't have it in the bag but it's looking unlikely that the left will unseat him.
It's not at that stage to where you could say it's in the bag, but if the Democrats dont come up with some candidates that can draw interest away from Republicans and a real plan, I'm not seeing any current path that could get a win.

Agreed that, at this stage its somewhere between slim and none.

May 2012
By the wall
Trumps numbers are decent on most everything, we aren't mired in a way anywhere, he got his wall and did fairly well on his campaign promises, this whole investigation thing vindicated him, and the top guy on the left just got accused of groping girls leaving them with a communist as their backup.

So although it's too early there isn't looking like much of a shot for them right now.