North Carolina woman confronts man with swastika flag

Jul 2015
Florida
She's bold! Probably a little bit stupid. However, if one was flying in my neighborhood, I'd stop too!

You'll have to open it, the entire video is posted.

This is Nazi f*cking America!’: Watch what happens when a NC woman confronts man with swastika flag

[FONT=&amp]

SARAH K. BURRIS
15 AUG 2017 AT 10:39 ET
[/FONT]

J
oe Love, Mount Holly in Gaston County, North Carolina resident with Nazi flag (Photo: Screen captures)

[FONT=&amp]DON'T MISS STORIES. FOLLOW RAW STORY!
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]In wake of the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, one North Carolina woman was inspired to speak out against someone flying a Nazi flag she saw in Mount Holly in Gaston County.

Page Braswell told The News & Observer that she couldn’t remain silent after seeing the violence in Virginia. She didn’t know Joe Love, the man flying the flag. Still, she pulled into his driveway on Sunday ready for a confrontation.

“I thought, ‘What? This is my town,’” she said in a video that has since gone viral.

In the video, Braswell shows the flag as well as a sticker supporting Donald Trump on the man’s truck. “Hey! What’s up with the Nazi flag?” she’s heard asking.

Love asked who she was and what the flag has to do with her. He tells her his name as well as a profanity-laced commentary. He said he wasn’t a Nazi but “this is Nazi f*cking America.”

He told her that the flag was none of her business but then asked, “Where do you live? What kind of flag do you fly?”

She responds that she flies a rainbow flag. He then called her a “queer” and a “lesbian.”

Braswell actually identifies as a straight, white married woman and doesn’t actually fly a rainbow flag, though she said that she would like one. His language was a shock to her, though she understands it is a typical thing members of the LGBT community hears all the time.
t
“They’ve got to be brave every day. There’s no reason I can’t be brave for two minutes,” she explained. “If people are doing it, we need to call it out. If we don’t, it’s just going to get worse.”

Braswell volunteers at the Charlotte women’s clinic, so angry protesters are not a new experience. She said that if the two had a civil conversation she might not have posted the video featuring the man’s name, address and family business...
[/FONT]

?This is Nazi f*cking America!?: Watch what happens when a NC woman confronts man with swastika flag

(Djinn edit: thread title change)

Last edited by a moderator:

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
You can't just give freedom of speech to those you agree with.

Either all get it or its not freedom.

"You are free to do whatever you want as long as we agree with it", isn't freedom.
Nazis, ISIS supporters or other Islamic extremists, Christian extremists, like Westboro Church, radical Communists/anarchists; anybody preaching hate and violence and mayhem, should be considered as having forfeited their free speech IMHO

Sep 2014
United States
Nazis, ISIS supporters or other Islamic extremists, Christian extremists, like Westboro Church, radical Communists/anarchists; anybody preaching hate and violence and mayhem, should be considered as having forfeited their free speech IMHO
A Russian living in Canada doesn't get to make those decisions for America.